Sona is an excellent support champion in League of Legends. She has a speed buff, healing abilities, a stun, and other modifications to aid both her and her allies. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Sona.
Best Sona Counters
- Miss Fortune
Sona Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Sona, you can finally counter pick Sona in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Sona. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Sona. After all, if you know how to play against Sona, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Sona in a lane.
Setting aside the fact that a hook in lane means instant death, Blitzcrank does not need support from his lane partner as he can kill Sona by himself.
- Sona can poke and sustain all she wants but if she gets hooked once she is done for with both you and your ADC’s hard engage.
- Try to stay in a bush unwarded(with sweeping lens), as it will lower her poke and makes you unpredictable, try to hook from there.
- As Leona: engage on their ADC and try to kill him fast, so Sona can’t heal up. If their ADC does too much damage or is out of position you can also engage on Sona and burst her down.
- However, commit to engages, as Sona will wear you down with her poke and heal over time if you don’t.
Don’t let Sona drift in and out with Q. Go all-in at Level 2-5 and burn her down with Impure Shots. Sona has very low HP so mitigating her heal will win you every hard engage. Watch out at 6 because her ult stops yours.
Tips For Playing Against Sona
- Do not clump in team fights in a line – as the Sona will make your whole team dance using her ultimate.
- Sona is extremely squishy at earlier levels. Try to coordinate an assault against her early.
- Her Q poke doesn’t target you if she can’t see you, so hiding in an unwarded bush is a good way to lower her harass.
- Sona gives good overall utility and harass, but her spells cost a lot of mana. Try to force her to spam them early game, then make a trade when she’s low on mana.
is fairly squishy throughout the game, especially at level 1. Work with your allies to kill her fast.
- Just be careful not to give her the upper hand through your aggressiveness. Being a support, her allies are her main survivability, and making the mistake in ignoring them can prove to be fatal than ignoring .
- Constantly try to harass and her lane partner. Doing so forces her to use , and it takes up a lot of mana in the early game.
- When laning against , remember how she can boost her partner with her supporting spells. When focusing either of them, you’re really going to be fighting both of them, so account for it by removing either from the equation with CC or zoning.
harass is targeted, which means that to avoid her damage, you need to either block the damage or not be there to take it in the first place.
- cannot auto-target enemies, not in vision, so take advantage of brush and control vision.
- Magic Resist, in general, can counter a focusing on damage. and are the recommended items for this.
- Do not overextend when chasing an enemy that is accompanied with . Her allows her to outrun you very quickly.
is a rewarding target to remove quickly from the fight. If the opportunity presents itself, remove her from the equation.
- Avoid grouping against a . She can end up hitting all members of your team with .
is best countered by using an aggressive support with heavy CC, such as , , or . Keep in mind that you must play very aggressively against and not give her time to recover her spells; otherwise, she will just end up harassing and out sustaining your aggressor of choice.
- Alternatively, using a support with similar healing and harass, such as or , can be a good choice for stalling the lane and at least not letting the enemy snowball.
By using the champions who counter Sona and the LoL Sona counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Sona players.