Rengar is a jungle champion that can also play top lane well. He has high burst damage. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Rengar.
Best Rengar Counters
- Lee Sin
Rengar Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Rengar, you can finally counter pick Rengar in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Rengar. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Rengar. After all, if you know how to play against Rengar, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Rengar in a lane.
As Pantheon, get Crystalline Flask and pots a the start and then just throw spears to poke Rengar continuously. Ward so that the enemy jungler doesn’t get you and you will have more farm and xp than Rengar and you can zone him out.
Lee Sin’s Q and E can reveal Rengar while in his ultimate. Use this to zone him out.
Jax’s dodge and stun interrupts Rengar’s combo. Time it wisely to in trades.
Renekton should take W at the beginning. Trade often. On 3 level try to go for the kill when you have fury up.
Abuse Cull the Meek’s range. Renekton has superior healing and is better at escaping ganks. Rengar needs to be in melee range to deal most of his damage. If he uses the brush to farm, stun him as soon as he comes out.
Tips For Playing Against Rengar
- Avoid dueling a Rengar when his resource bar is near full, as his skills will become empowered.
- It’s generally not a good idea to fight a Rengar near brushes, as he is able to leap onto any targets inside a brush.
- Using exhaust on Rengar when he comes out of his ult will reduce his damage by 50% preventing him from 1 shotting your carries.
- It is generally a good idea to keep some cc available to keep him away from the more fragile champions on your team.
- Juking Rengar is an incredibly hard task, as bushes only boost his chase capacity against his targets. Flashing over impassable terrain is the safest and most efficient way to evade his chase.
- Since deals mostly physical damage, buying armor is a top priority. and are very effective against him since the majority of his damage comes from auto attacks enhanced with .
- Avoid fighting
near and especially inside brushes as his passive provides him with great mobility and utility.
- His passive has no cooldown making slows ineffective when fighting him inside brushes as he can constantly close the distance.
- Skilled players can use to juke and escape when being chased and even dodge skill shots and avoid AoE damage.
- Avoid dueling
as his kit makes him excel at it.
- and make him deceptively tanky. That alongside life steal and allow to quickly regain health and with and to overpower you even if he was at low health when you started fighting.
uses , nearby allies will get an on top of their heads, which means he is close and could pounce you.
- Always stick together or close to a tower so he can’t leap towards your allies.
- Avoid engaging when he already has 2 or more Ferocity, as when he uses all 3 of his basic abilities he will be able to cast one empowered spell as well.
- Beware if is jungling as he has great ganking potential with – in addition to his high damage output and burst capabilities, and or prevent his target from escaping.
uses while your team has sight of him a distinctive sound can be heard. Otherwise you will receive no warning of the ability’s use, unless comes within 1450 range of enemy champion.
- This also works if you are in sight of a bush that he uses in.
- relies heavily on perfect surprise attacks and burst to take down his target, stunning him and getting out of melee range will stop his momentum and ruin his initial attack.
- Placing a near your lane can prevent from ganking you with . Placing one when uses to run can prevent his stealthy escape.
- Traps such as can punish him for entering bushes, hindering his ability to leap at you. Additionally, he is particularly susceptible to Blinds, as almost all of his damage is autoattack reliant.
- doesn’t trade very well at low Ferocity, so if you can keep him at a distance and poke him constantly you will make him much more vulnerable in lane. However, be wary if he has maximum Ferocity, because in early laning a > combo can take more than half your health.
- root) damage, burst and sustain relies mostly on his empowered abilities. Aim to engage Rengar when he is low on Ferocity stacks so that he cannot heal back any damage ( ) or counter burst you ( ) or nullify your engage abilities using his strong CC (
cannot function well in large-scale teamfights, as he is an assassin focused on picking off lone targets. Grouping late game and focusing him can make his ability to fight significantly lower.
- However it can only happen if builds glass cannon. Some Rengar players especially Jungle Rengar players would probably require to build tank items on him in order to compensate and . It is very important to keep him underfarmed in order to hinder a Fighter Builld Rengar in teamfights.
By using the champions who counter Rengar and the LoL Rengar counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Rengar players.