Rakan is a tanky support champion that works best with Xayah, his eternal love. However, Rakan offers good support for other champions as well. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Rakan.
Best Rakan Counters
Rakan Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Rakan, you can finally counter pick Rakan in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Rakan. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Rakan. After all, if you know how to play against Rakan, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Rakan in a lane.
Tips For Playing Against Rakan
- Rakan’s movement abilities forecast their destination. Try to use this to your advantage.
- Champions with crowd control that can be applied quickly excel against Rakan.
- Catching Rakan with no allies around severely inhibits his mobility. Try to find him alone.
- Early on, is very squishy as only provides a small shield, and it takes a long time to charge up. As he levels up, however, the shield’s cooldown decreases and the amount increases based on his AP, potentially making him slightly less squishy than other supports.
- Without a teammate to jump to, will have to rely on to escape, and its use is limited as it has a short range and there is a pause before he jumps into the air. Separating him from his teammates will make him an easy target.
- excels at being distracting while his teammates burst you down. Depending on the situation, it might be best to ignore him until the fight is almost over, especially if he is building tank items.
- His decent AP ratios allow for him to be surprisingly competent in a fight if he builds pure AP. If he chooses this build path, fighting him by yourself will be considerably more difficult.
By using the champions who counter Rakan and the LoL Rakan counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Rakan players.