Lissandra is a mid lane mage that cast ice spells that both slow, root and pierce throw multiple enemies. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Lissandra on Summoner’s Rift.
Best Lissandra Counters
Lissandra Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Lissandra, you can finally counter pick Lissandra in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Lissandra. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Lissandra. After all, if you know how to play against Lissandra, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Lissandra in a lane.
- Don’t be afraid to all in on her at 100% post-6, Lissandra’s damage is lower than average and your durability is above it. Getting double dorans+negatron cloak will make Diana pretty strong against her.
- When you dive her at 6, save your E to stop her from E’ing away
When Lissandra randomly fires her claw at Anivia in lane, move the same direction the claw is moving and fire your Q at the end point of it in preparation for her teleporting in.
Post-6 be extremely careful of jumping on to Lissandra, no matter the situation Lissandra now has an instant and targeted stun, this can make you an easy kill especially if she has back up with her.
Try to avoid having your own minions between the 2 of you as Lissandra can use them to extend the range of her harass to hit Brand.
Lissandra’s like to engage with their Claw, it marks on the ground where it will land. If she casts this you should move in the same direction it is heading and cast WQ timing it the moment the claw arrives so she is instantly stunned.
Lissandra relies on kiting targets and initiating with powerful CC. Kassadin is a nightmare for her because he is hard to kit and can Riftwalk out of her engage when he sees her claw coming.
Tips For Playing Against Lissandra
- Try not to stay behind minions to avoid taking splash damage from Lissandra’s Ice Shard harassments.
- Try to disable (silence/stun/snare/knock-up/displacement) Lissandra when she casts Glacial Path so that she won’t be able to jump to another location.
- Lissandra’s Ring of Frost cooldown is fairly long, so try to play aggressive when you know it is on cooldown.
- A good Lissandra will try to Q you whenever you go in to last hit in the lane. Be aware of this because sometimes you can use this to your advantage to poke her.
- Avoid choosing any assassin such as Zed or Fizz against Lissandra. She can mostly out-poke them with Ice Shard & Negate their burst combo with Frozen Tomb.
- Choosing a DPS based Mage like Cassiopeia & a poke based Mage like Lux & Syndra means trouble for her.
- In team fights, Lissandra can combo Zhonya’s Hourglass & Frozen Tomb against your team, it could give you a lesser chance of winning a team fight against a team with Lissandra. Watch out if Lissandra has Zhonya’s as she can combo it with her ult against your team.
- is considered the best counter to because his mid-late game mobility thanks to Riftwalk means Lissandra would have a lesser chance of catching him but be wary that Kassadin has a weak early game so out-poking Kass early can negate his late game potential.
By using the champions who counter Lissandra and the LoL Lissandra counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Lissandra players.