Karma is a mid-lane mage that has good potential as a support champion as well. She has a speed boost that affects her and her allies, a root, and high burst damage. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Karma.
Best Karma Counters
Karma Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Karma, you can finally counter pick Karma in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Karma. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Karma. After all, if you know how to play against Karma, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Karma in a lane.
Karma does substantially more damage but she has no stuns, making it difficult to all-in properly, and she cannot heal her ADC so she has trouble winning a poke war with a Nami as support.
Go behind your minions and stay there, poking with Arcanopulse. If she gets in tether range from that position, she and her jungler can kill Xerath, so slow her if she starts getting close.
- With Malzahar’s abilities being far better at wave clearing Karma will have a hard time last hitting under her tower.
- All of Malzahar’s abilities can be cast through minions which, combined with his Voidings blocking Karma’s Q, gives him the advantage in lane.
Tips For Playing Against Karma
- Avoid letting Karma harass you for free, as it will lower her Mantra’s cooldown.
- Try your best to escape from Karma’s Focused Resolve when she casts it on you, as it will root you after a short while.
- Leave the circle from Karma’s Mantra Inner Flame as it will deal bonus damage in the circle after a short duration.
- The most effective poke for Karma is her Q. Especially when she has Inner Flame activated. It does serious damage and can slow you.
By using the champions who counter Karma and the LoL Karma counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Karma players.