Kalista is an ADC champion that uses spears as her main weapon. Her spears attach to enemies hit for a set period of time and she is able to rip them out of enemies to deal extra physical damage. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Kalista.
Best Kalista Counters
Kalista Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Kalista, you can finally counter pick Kalista in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Kalista.
After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Kalista. After all, if you know how to play against Kalista, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Kalista in a lane.
- Ashe has a strong, infinite slow with her Frost Shot to prevent Kalista from kiting effectively with her Martial Poise.
- Do not waste your Enchanted Crystal Arrow. Always use Ashe’s Ultimate Skill wisely when your support stops Kalista from dodging it with her Martial Poise. Always wait for Thresh’s Sentence, Lulu’s Whimsy, Leona’s Shield of Daybreak, and other moves as such.
- Poke her with your auto attacks and lay down traps so that she can’t activate her passive without being extra careful.
- Kalista struggles when hit with hard cc, Vayne’s Condemn can be a very useful tool start against Kalista. Make sure to always have it up, as it can serve as a very good escape tool as well.
- Play safe and get all the farm you can, whatever you do don’t trade with Kalista unless you’re confident in your ability to purely outfight her. Late game you can 2 shot her without her even blinking.
- When you get level 6, don’t hesitate to go in, as your ultimate + tumble will stealth you, thus Kalista WILL miss her auto attacks on you thanks to her Martial Poise. Especially if you max Q for the short cooldown for stealthing.
Graves can easily engage on Kalista dealing high amounts of damages (more if your support uses some CC while Kalista is inside of Graves’ W). Kalista suffers against CC or Slow on movement speed.
Tips For Playing Against Kalista
- Lane bullies are extremely effective against Kalista
.Caitlynis best because she out ranges her and can poke her down from afar. Kalista has unlimited wards with her W so junglersshould focus other lanes to gank.
- Avoid Picking Skill Shot based champions against Kalista as her passive “Martial Poise” makes simple Skill Shots a chore to land.
- Try to focus her Soul-bound and keep it on low HP to minimize usage of her ultimate Fate’s Call.
- Try to pick champions with displacements and disables to stop Kalista chasing your allies or don’t let her escape from you.
- Remember that Kalista’s attacks miss if you are out of her vision. Hide in the bush when she winds her attack as she can’t cancel it.
- Kalista’s Rend resets if she kills someone with it. Beware of her engaging you with rend stacks on low hp minions she will abuse it to poke you.
- Kalista’s ultimate “Fate’s Call” is a very strong initiate, try to keep tabs on when it’s up as it is a large part of her CC.
- Slows will also slow the speed of her hop, so Randuin’s and other effects are very useful to consider.
By using the champions who counter Kalista and the LoL Kalista counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Kalista players.