Jayce is a good melee fighter who can also transform into a deadly ranged fighter. His ultimate allows him to switch from close ranged to long ranged and gain buffs at the same time. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Jayce.
Best Jayce Counters
- Xin Zhao
Jayce Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Jayce, you can finally counter pick Jayce in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Jayce. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Jayce. After all, if you know how to play against Jayce, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Jayce in a lane.
- If you’re not confident in the matchup, try starting cloth armor.Doran’ss shield isn’t worth it after the nerfs and the 5 potions helps more and can get you to your mid tier items faster.
- Don’t take damage for free. When Jayce jumps on you try to heal and auto back. Even if he hits you away he is effectively a melee champion for the next 6 seconds. Jayce has no natural sustain. Even if you lose the short trade, you win long-term.
Poke with Wukong’s E then follow up with Q. Closing distance between you and him will cause him to switch to his melee stance. When he does this use your W. His knockback will hit the clone letting you get behind him to maintain attacking.
While this is a very skill oriented matchup Fiora has the edge. In lane try to dodge poke the best you can, when Jayce slips up (like using his transform while standing too close or low on mana) go in, trade with him, life steal and repeat till he dies.
Tips For Playing Against Jayce
- Keep your distance behind minions to avoid being hit by Jayce’s long range poke.
- Using Flash to leave the area before he hits the ground using his Hammer stance To the Skies! will completely negate the damage.
- Jayce has no innate sustain, so picking a champion with innate sustain can outlane a Jayce.
- Changing weapons has a 6-second cooldown, if he wastes it for whatever reason go all in on him then retreat.
By using the champions who counter Jayce and the LoL Jayce counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Jayce players.