Fiddlesticks is a fragile yet effective mage in League of Legends. He normally plays in the jungle. However, some summoners opt to play him in mid lane or bot lane as an alleged support champion. In this article, we go through how to effectively counter Fiddlesticks.
Best Fiddlesticks Counters
Fiddlesticks Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Fiddlesticks, you can finally counter pick Fiddlesticks in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Fiddlesticks. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Fiddlesticks. After all, if you know how to play against Fiddlesticks, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Fiddlesticks in a lane.
Janna can use her knock up and ult to cancel Fiddlesticks’ ult. and drain. Janna can also push Fiddlesticks away when he ults in a team fight.
Keep wards around next to lanes, if you see Fiddlesticks come up and start to channel, move up, Q+R+W+E him and he’ll have both his ult lost and you deal a bunch of damage to him at the same time. Use the second ult to jump to kill or jump back into the lane.
- Null Sphere will instantly stop Drain’s channel. Be aware that your passive is less effective against Fiddlesticks because his flat MR debuff is powerful against your low base MR.
- Also, when Fiddlesticks starts to channel his ultimate, immediately use your Q on him and it will interrupt it.
Interrupt Drain with Cosmic Binding, and protect allies caught in Crowstorm by putting them in stasis for its duration.
Alistar’s knock ups counter Drain, his knockback counters Crowstorm, his ult counters Terrify. You get the picture right?
Tips For Playing Against Fiddlesticks
- deals most of his damage from his and and both have channels which can be interrupted. This means that hard CC, like a stun, can stop most of damage. However, will likely disable you with lengthy fear before channeling, making a teammate invaluable.
- A common strategy is to hide in the brush, wait for an unaware champion to appear, and use his . Good warding and map awareness can stop from ganking you from typical locations.
- When starting a team fight, try to save your ability with CC that can interrupt his channeling abilities.
- If you see an enemy channeling his , use a CC ability that can stop him (stun, silence, knockback, knockup).
- If you have vision of , has a distinctive ‘scratching’ noise while channeling. Alternatively, his pose is the same as except without a green leash.
- However, the time window is fairly narrow, and you may be in even more danger of taking the brunt of devastating damage if you are trying to reach .
- Having a source of Grievous Wounds (like , , or ) can make less effective.
- An easy way to counter is to purchase M to reduce the duration of his fear or a to negate one of his spells and reduce his damage output.
- As for champion counterpicks, it is recommended to use champions who have more than one hard CC, such as and .
- Using a stun/knock-up/displacement/silence when Fiddlesticks is channeling his ultimate/drain will stop him completely.
- Step away from your ally who’s targetted by Fiddlestick’s Dark Wind to prevent it from bouncing multiple times.
- Always try to keep tabs Fiddlesticks’s location, in order to prevent an ambush. Remember, he has a fear.
- Breaking Fiddlestick’s tether will remove his main source of damage for a moment. Use this time to engage with him.
By using the champions who counter Fiddlesticks and the LoL Fiddlesticks counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Fiddlesticks players.