Have you ever needed to scan a QR code but didn’t know how? If you own a Samsung device then you can use the built-in QR scanner to scan codes. Here are 2 easy and quick ways to use the Samsung Galaxy S9 QR code scanner.
How To Activate Samsung Galaxy S9 QR Code Scanner
There is a built-in QR scanner on the Galaxy S9 that you access via an extension on the Samsung Browser. Here’s what to do to turn it on:
- Open the Samsung Internet application.
- Tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Choose Extensions from the menu.
- Tap the toggle next to QR Code reader to enable (if not already enabled).
With the QR reader on, you on have to open Samsung Internet and go to the menu and choose Scan QR code to get started.
Scan QR Code With Bixby Vision
- To activate Bixby Vision, open the Camera or Gallery app.
- Tap Bixby Vision.
- On starting Bixby Vision for the first time, you must sign in to your Samsung account.
- Tap SIGN IN and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions and tap OK.
- Allow the permissions for the necessary app to use Bixby Vision.
- After setup, go to the camera app and tap the Bixby Vision option.
- Choose the QR code option from the button menu.
- Point the camera at the QR Code to read its information.
Scan QR Code With Google Assistant
- Hold down the Home button to activate Google Assistant.
- Press the Lens button.
- Select Scan Code (scans barcodes or QR codes).
If this the first time that you’re using Google Lens, it will ask you to sign in with your Google Account. Normally, you just have to choose one from the list that appears if you are already logged in on your Samsung Galaxy S9.
Third-Party App – Optical Reader
- Open Galaxy Apps or Galaxy Essentials
- Search for Optical Reader.
- Download and install the app.
- Open Optical Reader and tap mode.
- Choose Scan QR code from the options.
- Point your Galaxy S9 camera toward the QR code you want to scan and wait for the information to appear.
Those are the two best ways to read QR codes with your Samsung Galaxy S9. However, if you don’t like Google Assistant or don’t want to use Samsung Internet, then you can download a third-party QR code reader from the Google Play Store.
- Open Google Play.
- Search for QR Code Reader or QR Code Scanner.
- Choose from the list of apps that appear.
- Read the reviews and install the one you like.
- Follow the app’s instructions to scan the QR code with your phone.
You can use either Google Assistant and Google Lens or the Samsung Internet applications to read or scan barcodes with your phone.
You can also find other third-party QR reading apps on the Google Play Store:
And, of course, there is also Optical Reader which you can get on the Galaxy App store. You now know two (well, 3) easy ways to scan QR codes with your phone (Samsung Galaxy S9).
If you liked the article or if the article helped you then share it with your friends so that they too can learn. Thanks for reading on ORDUH.