Have you ever needed to scan a QR code but didn’t know how? If you own a Google Pixel device then you can use the built-in QR scanner to scan codes. Here are 2 easy and quick ways to use the Google Pixel 2 XL QR code scanner.
How To Activate Google Pixel 2 XL QR Code Scanner
There is a built-in QR scanner on the Google Pixel 2 XL that you access via the camera app. Here’s what to do to turn it on:
- Open the Google Pixel 2 camera application.
- Double tap the power button to open with quick launch.
- From the sidebar menu, choose Google Lens.
- Tap QR Code reader to read the code.
Scan QR Code With Google Assistant
- Hold down the Home button or squeeze your Pixel 2 XL to activate Google Assistant.
- Press the Lens button.
- Select Scan Code (scans barcodes or QR codes).
If this the first time that you’re using Google Lens, it will ask you to sign in with your Google Account. Normally, you just have to choose one from the list that appears if you are already logged in on your Pixel 2 XL.
Those are the two best ways to read QR codes with your Google Pixel 2 XL. However, if you don’t like Google Assistant or don’t want to use Google Lens, then you can download a third-party QR code reader from the Google Play Store.