The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Android 5.0 Lollipop Update G530HXCU1BOH3 is being pushed out to Russian variants of the device. Luckily, for those who can’t wait for the OTA update the Odin files are already available and you can manually install the new update using the tutorial found in this article.
Download & Install Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Android 5.0 Lollipop Update G530HXCU1BOH3
The update is only available for the SM-G530H Model of the Grand Prime. You are not to try to install this update on any other variant of the Samsung device. The exact SM-G530H update is Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Here’s how to install the update.
Downloads you will need
- OH3 Firmware — Link | Alternate Link | File: G530HXCU1BOH3_G530HSER1BOH3_SER.zip
- Odin PC software — Link | File: Odin3_v3.10.6.zip (1.6 MB)
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, model no. SM-G530H
- Don’t try on any device of any other device.
Before you begin, you might want to backup your device information like your contacts etc. There is always a chance that you device data may be erased during the update process.
How to update
- Download the Odin software (link above). And be sure that you have downloaded the firmware file for your device, after checking the model number as the firmware correlates with this.
- Install the necessary Samsung Galaxy drivers if you haven’t done so already.
- Extract the firmware file. You will need a archive extractor like 7zip. Install 7-zip, then right click on firmware file and under 7-zip, select ‘Extract here’. You should get the a file in .tar.md5 format. You will be loading this file into Odin in Step 9 below.
- Extract the Odin file. You should get this file, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe (other files could be hidden, hence not visible).
- Disconnect your Galaxy Grand Prime from PC if it is connected.
- Boot your Galaxy Grand Prime into download mode:
- Power off your device. Wait 6-7 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold the three buttons Volume Down + Power + Home together until you see warning screen.
- Press Volume Up to continue to download mode.
- Double click on extract file of Odin, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe, to open the Odin window as shown below.
- Connect your Galaxy Grand Prime to your PC now using a USB cable. Odin will load your device. If it is successful, you will see an Added!! message appearing in the Log box in bottom left, and the first box under ID:COM will also show a no. and the background turns blue. Like in the picture below.
- You can try a different USB port on your PC to be sure.
- If you don’t get Added!! message, you need to install/re-install drivers again, and use the original cable that came with the device.
- You cannot proceed until you get the Added!! message, which confirms that Odin has recognized your device.
Odin Installation of SM-G530H Lollipop Update
- Load the firmware file into Odin. Click the AP button on Odin and the select the .tar.md5 file from Step 3 above. (use the pic above for reference).
- Wait for Odin to check the Md5 sum value and then you’d see the dialogue box to the left read leave cs…
- Now, Make sure Re-partition is NOT selected, under the Options tab. Don’t use the PIT tab either. You must be under the Log tab. This is where you will see progress reports regarding your update.
- Click the Start button in order to start flashing the firmware on your Galaxy Grand Prime. Wait till installation is finished, after which your device will reboot automatically. You’ll see a PASS message upon successful installation of the firmware.
- If Odin gets stuck at setup connection, then you need to restart the process. Disconnect your device, close Odin, boot device into download mode again, open Odin, and then select the firmware and flash it again following the instructions above.
- If you get FAIL in the top left box, then also you need to flash the firmware again.
The initial boot time of your device after successfully flashing the new firmware can take some time, so don’t be too alarmed. Also, be sure to check the Settings > About device to confirm that the new firmware has been installed. Thanks for reading how to install the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Android 5.0 Lollipop Update G530HXCU1BOH3 manually.