Wondering how to install an APK file on your Samsung Galaxy S5? As you might have noticed by now you can't really find all your favorite apps on the Play store. That doesn't mean that they aren't there.
Perhaps the developer can't afford the one time 25 dollar fee to upload an unlimited number of apps. Whatever the case, this guide will teach you how to install APK files from unknown sources (i.e. install apps not from the Google Play Store). Go through the following pages for the steps.
From the Samsung Galaxy S5 Settings:
- Enable installation of APK files by enabling "Unknown sources". Use one of these steps to enable the option depending on your device:
- "Settings" > "Applications" > "Unknown sources".
- "Settings" > "General" > "Security" > "Unknown sources".
- Download the APK file to the device, or copy it via a USB connection.
- Open a file explorer app. Your device may have one built in. They are usually called "File Manager" or "My Files". If you don't have one, you can download "ES File Explorer" from Google Play.
- Navigate to the file and open it. You will be prompted to proceed with the installation
If you can't follow this method or want another method. There is one more technical method that can allow you to do this from your PC. This next method assumes that you are familiar with the ADB suite and have already installed it on your computer.
From ADB Command Line
Use one of the commands below to install, reinstall, and uninstall any app from or to your Galaxy S5
- "adb install appname.apk" = Standard install
- "adb install -r appname.apk" = Reinstall
- "adb install -s appname.apk" = Install to SD Card
- "adb uninstall appname.apk" = Uninstall
There you have it. That is how you Install APK Files on Samsung Galaxy S5 devices. Thanks for reading this tutorial and if it was useful to you then please share the information with your friends.