Wondering how to install an APK file on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4? It might seem like the this is a weird question to ask because normally you'd simply head on over to the Google Play store to get all your apps and games.
It is as easy as counting to 1,2,3 but, not all apps can be found on the Play store. This guide will teach you how to install APK files from unknown sources (i.e. install apps not from the Google Play Store). Click through to the next few pages for the methods.
From the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Settings
- Enable installation of APK files by enabling "Unknown sources". Use one of these steps to enable the option depending on your device:
- "Settings" > "Applications" > "Unknown sources".
- "Settings" > "General" > "Security" > "Unknown sources".
- Download the APK file to the device, or copy it via a USB connection.
- Open a file explorer app. Your device may have one built in. They are usually called "File Manager" or "My Files". If you don't have one, you can download "ES File Explorer" from Google Play.
- Navigate to the file and open it. You will be prompted to proceed with the installation
That's easy right? If you need help let us know in the comments. There is also another method you can use to get your favorite apps on the Note 4. Read on for more.
From ADB Command Line
Use one of the commands below to install, reinstall, and uninstall any app from or to your Galaxy Note 4
- "adb install appname.apk" = Standard install
- "adb install -r appname.apk" = Reinstall
- "adb install -s appname.apk" = Install to SD Card
- "adb uninstall appname.apk" = Uninstall
There you have it. That is how you Install APK Files on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 devices. Thanks for reading this tutorial and if it was useful to you then please share the information with your friends so that they too can know how to install apk files on their device.