Wondering how to install APK files on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices? This guide will teach you how to install APK files from unknown sources (i.e. install apps not from the Google Play Store) with ease.
As we all know, you can't always get your favorite apps and games on the app store but, you can download the APK files on the internet and then proceed to install the app/game on your device manually.
The next few pages will outline the different methods for doing this. Follow the instructions carefully and use the comment section to ask for help if you need to.
From the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Settings
- Enable installation of APK files by enabling "Unknown sources". Use one of these steps to enable the option depending on your device:
- "Settings" > "Applications" > "Unknown sources".
- "Settings" > "General" > "Security" > "Unknown sources".
- Download the APK file to the device, or copy it via a USB connection.
- Open a file explorer app. Your device may have one built in. They are usually called "File Manager" or "My Files". If you don't have one, you can download "ES File Explorer" from Google Play.
- Navigate to the file and open it. You will be prompted to proceed with the installation
If this method is not viable then you can try the next method to accomplish the same task. The steps are a bit technical and assumes that you have knowledge of the ADB Command Line. Read on for more.
From ADB Command Line
Use one of the commands below to install, reinstall, and uninstall any app from or to your Galaxy Note 3. Remember that appname is the name of the app/game that you're trying to install.
- "adb install appname.apk" = Standard install
- "adb install -r appname.apk" = Reinstall
- "adb install -s appname.apk" = Install to SD Card
- "adb uninstall appname.apk" = Uninstall
There you have it. That is how you Install APK Files on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Thanks for reading this tutorial and if it was useful to you then please share the information with your friends.