Gigaware USB to Serial Driver is a USB driver by Prolific. This article teaches you how to download gigaware USB serial drivers and install them on any of your computers. The Gigaware drivers USB to serial windows edition below work in most instances and the guide will take you through the installation process. This driver is only compatible with Gigawere versions.
- Company: Prolific Technology Inc.
- Driver Manufacturer: Gigaware
- Driver Class: Other Hardware
- Driver Model: USB to Serial Cable
- Driver Provider: Gigaware
- Version: 188.8.131.526
- Version Date: 4/22/2013
- Download the driver file and extract it to your hard driver where you can find it
- Uninstall any other version of the driver on your computer. In Windows, go to Control Panel then to Device Manager
- Find the old or incorrect version of the driver and press the delete button on your computer and it will ask for confirmation.
- Minimize the Ports menu and click on the USB (Universal Serial Bus) controller section at the bottom of the list.
- You need to uninstall the existing USB Serial Convertor.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your PC
- Reconnect the USB cable from your PC
- A new yellow flagged item appears
- Right Click on it
- Select Update Driver Software
- Locate the Gigaware USB drivers from the file you downloaded above and point the software to the directory.
- Be sure to check "include subfolders" and then click next
- The USB Serial Convertor will install. Next you have to install the port. This is done in the same manner. Follow the steps below.
- The yellow flagged item will have changed name to USB Serial Port
Right Click on USB Serial Port
Select Update Driver Software
- The driver software for the Port is in the same directory where you had the other drivers which you had just installed.
- The Serial Port will now install and that will be the final installation. There should be no yellow flags anymore.
Thanks for reading how to install Gigaware USB to Serial Drivers. Check out the video below if you need help with the installation process for the Gigaware drivers.