Sometimes your HTC U11 won’t turn on or boot up past the logo. Though it is a frustrating situation, here are 3 easy fixes for when your HTC U11 won’t turn on.
Fix: HTC U11 Won’t Turn On
- Press both the volume down and power keys at the same time.
- Hold both buttons for about 10 seconds.
After 10 seconds, your HTC U11 ought to reboot. Did you HTC U11 boot up? If it did, then use your device as per usual and monitor for problems. However, if it did not boot up, you may need to boot your HTC U11 into recovery.
Boot HTC U11 Recovery Mode
- Press and hold both the Power, Volume and Home buttons together.
- Once the recovery screen appears, let go of the power button (keep holding the volume and home button).
- Once the recovery menu appears, let go of the other buttons.
- Use the Volume buttons to go to Cache Partition and use the Power button to select it.
- Once the process finishes, your HTC U11 will restart.
If there is no cache partition to clear in the HTC U11 recovery menu, then use the following alternative steps to do the same without Recovery Mode:
Alternative Way To Wipe Cache Partition Of HTC U11
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap the ‘General’ tab.
- Tap Storage > Internal storage.
- Wait for menu options to finish calculating.
- Tap Free up space.
- Tap Temporary files & raw files.
- Select the following options:
- Cached data
- Clip tray temporary files
- Raw files from camera
- Tap Delete > DELETE.
Did your HTC U11 turn on? Then, that’s great! But, if your HTC U11 won’t turn on after you wiped the cache, try the following fix.
Boot HTC U11 Safe Mode
- With the screen on, press and hold the Power key.
- In the menu that appears, press and hold Power off.
- When prompted to restart in Safe Mode, tap OK.
- After your device restarts, it displays Safe mode at the bottom of the screen.
By booting the HTC U11 in Safe Mode, you can determine if the reason your HTC U11 won’t turn on or boot up is due to an application. In Safe Mode, only the default factory apps load.
The above tips help fix an HTC U11 that won’t turn on or boot up. However, if you still can’t get your HTC U11 to start up, your next and best option is to take your device to a repair shop or to a technician.