This tutorial teaches you how to perform a hard reset on a Wiko Lenny smartphone. By doing this you will erase all user input data and the device will revert to the settings that it came with on initial purchase.
Before you begin, if you haven’t already noticed by now, a Hard Reset will erase all the data on your Wiko Lenny. All described operations are done at your own risk. Follow the steps below in order to factory reset your Wiko Lenny.
Use Device Keys
The first method that you will learn involves using the device keys to do the hard reset. You need to turn off your device, so
- Press and hold the Power button for a short while.
- After that, press and hold down: Volume Up + Volume Down + Power for a few seconds.
- A menu with 2 options appears, release the keys.
- Press Volume Up to enter Android System Recover.
- Select the “Wipe data / Factory reset” by using the Volume buttons and press the Power key to perform the action.
- Choose “Yes–delete all user data“. Use Volume Down to scroll and Power button to select.
- To restart the device, select “reboot system now”.
That’s it for this method. The Wiko Lenny will restart and you device should be reset to the factory default settings. If this method is not available or does not work then try the next method.
Video Guide: Hard Reset Wiko Lenny
If you’re not fond of text, here is a short informational video that shows you how to perform the factory reset on your Lenny. You can view the video before moving to the next method in this tutorial.
Use System Settings
This method involves using the settings on you Wiko Lenny smartphone. In order to do this, follow the instructions below:
- If the device is off, turn it on
- Go to Settings and then to Backup & Reset.
- Find and select Factory data reset.
- Choose Reset device and select Erase everything.
The device will restart and upon boot, it will display the initial setup screen as if the device were bran new. Follow the onscreen instructions and you’re good to go. Thanks for reading how to factory reset a Wiko Lenny smartphone.