Ziggs was born with a talent for tinkering, but his chaotic, hyperactive nature was unusual among yordle scientists. Aspiring to be a revered inventor like , he rattled through ambitious projects with manic zeal, emboldened by both his explosive failures and his unprecedented discoveries. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Ziggs.
Best Ziggs Counters
Ziggs Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Ziggs, you can finally counter pick Ziggs in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Ziggs. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Ziggs. After all, if you know how to play against Ziggs, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Ziggs in a lane.
Tips For Playing Against Ziggs
- Getting early
will allow you to better avoid .
- Later in the game, it can be upgraded into giving you an easier time avoiding all of his spells.
- With proper timing, can be dodged by running underneath it in between bounces.
- Try to avoid fighting in the jungle, as can block off potential escape routes and the narrow pathways make it easier for him to land all his abilities, including .
- deals mostly magic damage. Building magic resistance items will reduce your damage taken.
- All of spells except have a very long cooldown at early levels; engage him after he finishes casting his abilities.
- Stay away from the center of his , as the spell will deal less damage if you are outside the center. You can tell when where it will land by the circle it creates before it lands.
- Stay away from his
to avoid the slow.
- Keep in mind that spell shields will only allow you to avoid a single Minefield. All other will still detonate. Don’t use spell shields to block that ability; instead, save them for or
main champion counterpicks tend to be assassins with strong gap closers. is not very mobile, is squishy, and is reliant on abilities that are rather easy to dodge. For those reasons, champions like , , and . They all have means of avoiding and killing .
- Another assassin worthy of mention is . He has difficulties dodging , but that is not a problem since he can’t be slowed, and as long as he avoids , he can stick very well to , as well as being able to dodge all of ‘ abilities (including ) with a single .
- Apart from assassins, champions such as and have the sustain needed to shrug off ‘ poke. also has the mobility needed to dodge ‘ abilities, while scales extremely well into late game.
- Other options to deal with include: champions that can rival his range ( , ) or very mobile mages ( , )
- excels at countering short ranged or melee champions that have weak sustain and no gap closers, including but not limited to , , , and . Avoid playing them against .
By using the champions who counter Ziggs and the LoL Ziggs counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Ziggs players.