Quinn is an ADC champion that you mainly find in bot lane. However, she is also good in the top and mid lanes. She has a blind and her passive allows her to deal increased damage to marked targets. In this article, we go through how to effectively counter Quinn on Summoner’s Rift.
Best Quinn Counters
- Miss Fortune
Quinn Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Quinn, you can finally counter pick Quinn in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Quinn. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Quinn. After all, if you know how to play against Quinn, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Quinn in a lane.
Caitlyn counters Quinn because of her range. Abuse outranging her in lane and dodging her Q, Blinding Assault, by staying behind minions. Try to get up to her face when fighting, and when she uses E, Vaults, off of you, you still out range and damage her.
Keep your distance with Varus, use your long range. Quinn will always win the trades, if you get hit by Quinn’s Q, disengage immediately. If Quinn ults, Varus should ult too, or at least slow Quinn down with E.
Stay behind your minions, harass Quinn with E and farm. If she ever gets a Q on you jump away, since nearly all Tristana’s damage is pretty much negated. It’s best not to duel her straight up, except if you have a Quicksilver Sash to get rid of the blind.
Tips For Playing Against Quinn
- Try to stay away from Quinn when you’re marked with Harrier as she will do additional damage to you.
- Quinn/Valor has an extremely short range – try to focus her in team fights.
- Avoid dueling against a Quinn/Valor as an AD carry because her blind will render your auto attacks useless for a short period of time.
- When Quinn is in Valor form, try to constantly damage her – Valor gains an incredible amount of movement speed boost out of combat.
- Harrier will prioritize targets closest to Quinn when it procs. Stay behind creep waves if she has no currently marked target.
- The slow from fades over 1.5 seconds, making Tenacity more useful in countering both it and .
- lacks hard CC, and as such has little in the way of stopping a more durable champion that does good damage through abilities.
- Aside from has another escape/disengage in Vault, which also requires good positioning in order for her to leap into the direction of her choice. Flanking her from behind is a good way to stop her from ing away.
- Keep in mind that has a higher burst potential than most other carries.
- can be stopped mid-air, interrupting ‘s combo, and leaving her out of position.
- Targets marked by are visible to both teams. Use this to lure her out of position.
- If is marked upon you, don’t make her pop it unless you are going in with hard crowd control so you can win the trade.
- Engage when is not marked upon a champion. This means that cannot deal the bonus mark damage to a champion and thus missing out on that burst. This is especially important in the late game because not even a good will come near you if you’re not marked, since that means missing on around 300 mark damage together with the attack speed bonus, therefore slowing her combo and putting herself at risk of being focused by your team.
By using the champions who counter Quinn and the LoL Quinn counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Quinn players.