Kled is a top lane fighter champion that has good sustain. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Kled on Summoner’s Rift.
Best Kled Counter Picks
- Tahm Kench
Kled Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Kled, you can finally counter pick Kled in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Kled. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Kled. After all, if you know how to play against Kled, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Kled in a lane.
Tips For Playing Against Kled
Kled has two health pools. Try not to blow big abilities when his mount is low on HP as it will ignore any excess damage. Poke him down and then blow him up when he is mountless.
- Kled generates courage by damaging enemies with his Pocket Pistol and basic attacks, killing minions, and attacking structures or epic monsters.
- Watch Kled’s courage bar when he is off his mount – when it reaches 100%, he will remount and regain a significant amount of health.
- Kled is much more threatening when he has Violent Tendencies ready.
- Kled can’t cancel his ultimate, using a knockback or knock up will allow you to push Kled’s teammates back and isolate him from his team, thus making him easier to kill.
- Kled has a couple of weaknesses when he is dismounted: His base movement speed is reduced to 285, his basic attacks deal 80% AD and he only has access to two of his abilities. When in this form, gap closing capabilities (for example, ) may hamper his only escape (the knockback from )
- You can tell how much courage Kled has the more he glows.
- When unmounted, Kled is poor at running away from fights and as such will usually fight back in hopes of getting Skaarl back. This is very hard for him to do if his and are down which makes it a prime time to engage with him.
- Despite scalings of % health benefit them well for considering their combined health (e.g.:
and ), it does hinder them as well, making any source of damage based on % health being more effective against them.
- Items such as , and make good item options to counter them.
- is the best counter to because is considered an auto attack, so can dodge it with , along with his powerful late game 1v1 potential, Jax can also build items , , & some tank items like in order to survive against Kled.
By using the champions who counter Kled and the LoL Kled counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Kled players.