When you start the LG G6 recovery mode option you can do things like wipe the cache partition, factory reset your phone, or install an update from a microSD card. Here’s how to boot your LG G6 in recovery mode.
How To Get LG G6 Recovery Mode
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Hold down the Volume Down & Power Button at the same time to boot in recovery mode.
- When the LG G6 screen flickers, let go of the buttons, and in a few seconds, the Recovery screen comes up.
How To Enter LG G6 Recovery Mode – Method 2
- Turn off your phone.
- Wait for 10to 15 seconds.
- Press the Volume Down and Power Button at the same time for 2-3 seconds until the LG logo appears on the screen.
- Release the buttons and press them anew till the Recovery Mode screen pops up.
Those are the two simple ways to boot your LG G6 into Recovery Mode. If any of the methods are unsuccessful, feel free to communicate with LG to get help via their website.
The options in the recovery menu are:
- Continue Power up
- Safe mode
- Factory data reset
- Wipe cache
- Power down
There is no Fastboot/Bootloader option here. However, you can read the relevant article on how to get into fastboot mode on an LG G6.
To get to Factory Reset:
- Hold volume down and power.
- When you see the logo after the vibration, release and re-press power.
- The phone then boots into the factory reset screen with only two options “yes” or “no (exit)”.
If you only want to wipe the cache and there’s no wipe the cache partition choice on your LG G6 you can clear the cache through the settings menu of the phone.
- Settings->Storage->Internal Storage (if you have an SD card inserted).
- Tap Cached Data->Clear Cache.