The Yamaha YSP-5600 is the first soundbar able to decode and replicate both Dolby Atmos and DTS:X immersive audio soundtracks. The YSP-5600 delivers 3D sound reproduction equivalent to 7.1.2 channels using Yamaha’s unique Digital Sound Projector technology.
- Surround sound from a 44-speaker array in a total 46-speaker configuration —the most in YSP history
- Six height channel speakers on each side provide 3D surround sound reproduction equivalent to 7.1.2 channels
- The latest surround sound formats, Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X, are supported
- *DTS:X becomes possible with a firmware update
- A total of ten programmes in three categories for CINEMA DSP 3D are supported
- Dialogue Lift ensures that dialogue comes from the center of the screen
- An external subwoofer can be used with wired or wireless connection
- (the SWK-W16 Wireless Subwoofer Kit is included)
- MusicCast lets you stream any music content to other MusicCast products
- The MusicCast CONTROLLER allows you to control all MusicCast products and operate all music sources from your smart device
- Support for internet radio and various music streaming services
- AirPlay® allows music streaming from Mac, PC, iPod, iPhone and iPad
- Supports Bluetooth® output for pairing the YSP-5600 with other Bluetooth equipped products
- Supports various codecs: MP3, WMA, MPEG4-AAC, Apple Lossless, WAV, FLAC and AIFF
- HDMI input with 4K60p Pass-through and HDCP2.2
- OSD supports overlay over HDMI input and multiple languages
- (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Japanese)
- Clear Voice makes dialogue and narrations easy to hear
- Simple external design features a mesh grille cover over the front and top
- Indicators are placed on the inside of the grille and extinguished when not needed
- Wall mounting is possible, so you can choose the best look for your interior
Video: Yamaha YSP-5600 Dolby Atmos Soundbar Review
AVForums: Yamaha takes their sound projection technology to its logical conclusion with the YSP-5600, the world’s first soundbar to support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
Yamaha YSP-5600 Front Surround System Specifications
|Output Power||128W total power: 88W array speakers + 40W woofers|
|Standby Power Consumption||0.3W (HDMI control OFF, Network Standby OFF), 1.6W (HDMI Control OFF, Network Standby ON, Wi-Fi ON)|
|Beam Drivers||Array speaker for Vertical Sound Beam: 2.8 cm (1-1/8”) x 6 beam drivers x2 (L/R), Array speaker for Horizontal Sound Beam: 4.0 cm (1-1/2”) x 32 beam drivers|
|Woofers||11 cm (4-1/2”) x 2 woofers|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||[without stands] 1,100 x 212 x 93 mm; 43-1/4” x 8-3/8” x 3-5/8”, [with stands] 1,100 x 216 x 122 mm; 43-1/4” x 8-1/2” x 4-3/4”|
|Weight||11.7 kg; 25.8 lbs.|
|Input / Output||HDMI||4 in (Input1: HDCP2.2) / 1 out (HDCP2.2, ARC)|
|Digital Optical||2 in|
|Digital Coaxial||1 in|
|Analog Audio||1 in|
|HDMI||4K Pass-through||Yes (60p)|
|Sound Technology||Surround Technology||Digital Sound Projector|
|CINEMA DSP Movie||3 (Sci-Fi, Adventure, Spectacle)|
|CINEMA DSP Music||3 (Music Video, Concert, Jazz Club)|
|CINEMA DSP Entertainment||4 (Sports, Talk Show, Drama, Game)|
|Listening Mode||3D SURROUND, SURROUND, STEREO, TARGET, My Surround|
|Compressed Music Enhancer||Yes|
|Audio Formats||Dolby Atmos||Yes|
|Dolby Digital Plus||Yes|
|Dolby Digital EX||Yes|
|DTS:X||Yes (possible with a firmware update)|
|DTS-HD Master Audio||Yes|
|DTS-HD High Resolution||Yes|
|DTS Digital Surround||Yes|
|Connectivity||Wireless Music Streaming||Yes (with Bluetooth)|
|Wi-Fi||Yes (IEEE802.11b/g/n, Radio Frequency Band 2.4GHz)|
|Bluetooth Version/Profile||(Version) Ver. 2.1 + EDR (Codec) Receiving: SBC, MPEG4-AAC / Transmitting: SBC|
|Ethernet||Yes (100base-T, 10base-T)|
|On-Screen Display Languages||English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Japanese|
|Accessories(Optional)||Wall Mounting Bracket||SPM-K30|
Video: First Look Unboxing of Yamaha YSP-5600 Atmos Soundbar
AVForums: We have the Yamaha YSP-5600W Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundbar in for review, so we took the opportunity to make an unboxing video with a first look at the accessories, main unit, connections and optional active subwoofer.
Inside the unit’s front grille are 44 precisely calculated and positioned speakers. In order to create 7-channel sound beams (Front left/right, Centre, Surround left/right, Height left/right), each of the speakers is controlled by and individual delay time and is driven with its own independent amplifier circuit.
These beams are projected onto the walls and ceiling, to be reflected accurately to the listening position. This creates the same sound as real wall and ceiling speakers —not a virtual sound, but real 3D surround sound reproduction. In addition, the YSP-5600 uses the Surround channel sound beam for Surround Back, and the Surround channel is phantom merged to support the equivalent of up to 7.1.2-channel Dolby Atmos or DTS:X reproduction.
Yamaha YSP-5600 MusicCast Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos®
Yamaha Corporation of America: A New Dimension in Sound Bars: Take your TV sound to a new dimension. The YSP-5600 employs a remarkable 46 speaker drivers and Yamaha exclusive Digital Sound Projector technology to deliver Dolby Atmos and DTS:X* multi-dimensional listening experiences. It can also provide wireless multiroom audio playback using your existing Wi-Fi network by adding other MusicCast speakers, sound bars or AV receivers in other rooms.
Yamaha YSP-5600 Speaker Set-UpThe new Yamaha YSP-5600 has a modern and understated look that is often the look of most Yamaha Sound Bars. Of course, its size, slightly larger than the typical surround sound sound bars, reveals that the YSP-5600 is hiding something.
In particular, its outer dimensions are 1,100 x 216 x 122 mm, and its weight is 11.7 kilograms and it can be installed by simply placing it on a desk or on a wall. Apart from the grille which protects the speakers, the front panel has a small LCD screen that provides the basic information on the selected audio source, volume, and so on. Yamaha YSP-5600.
In terms of features the YSP-5600 decodes both Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, although only Atmos comes with the soundbar, DTS:X will be added via a firmware update. There are four listening modes – 3D Surround, Surround, Stereo and Target, along with ten programmes compatible with CINEMA DSP 3D – 3 Movie, 3 Music and 4 Entertainment.
The four HDMI inputs and single HDMI output support 4K/60p passthrough and HDCP2.2. The YSP-5600 includes built-in WiFi and Bluetooth and supports Spotify Connect, Apple AirPlay and, of course, MusicCast.
Other Notable Features
• Clear Voice makes dialogue and narrations easy to hear
• Music Enhancer improves the sound of compressed sources
• Adaptive DRC enables volume and dynamic range adjustment
• OSD supports overlay and multiple languages
(English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Japanese)
• Subwoofer output terminal for system expansion
In the area of connectivity, the new YSP-5600 has four inputs and one HDMI output, two fiber optic digital audio inputs and one coaxial, analog audio input and outputs for external subwoofers.
The system is also compatible with the new network audio technology MusicCAST and has Bluetooth and WiFiports to send and receive audio information via a network.
As in other Hi-Fi products from Yamaha, the YSP-5600 incorporates automatic Intelli-Beam calibration, which automatically adjusts the equalization characteristics of the room where the sound bar is installed.
The Yamaha YSP-5600 hit stores in September, 2015.
The Yamaha YSP-5600 sells for £1,599 without the wireless sub-woofer and £1,899 with it included.
For specific applications, this is currently the best sound solution today. Instead of trying to trick your brain into hearing things coming from around you by manipulating the audio, it uses a large array of small speakers to form beams of sound and bounce them off nearby walls. This is very different from the other bars because the sound actually *is* coming from areas other than the speaker. To me, that is both a cool application of technology and a great way to distribute sound without filling a room with speakers. Sean P. Logue
Upgrading from a YSP-2200. The surround sound quality is much better. Not as good as a real system, but if space is limited, or you just don’t like wires and/or speakers all over the room, this is a good alternative. The downsides are that a sub is not included, and this soundbar is HUGE. It feels like it’s meant to be wall mounted along with the television, rather than just having both on a stand. If you can’t wall mount your television (which I couldn’t), make sure your television sits at least 9″ above, or your picture will be blocked. Frederick W Pease