The Yamaha YSP-1600 is a multi-channel 6.5 centimeters high, eight speaker, MultiCast compatible sound bar with two sub-woofers developed by Yamaha.
- Clear, detailed and immersive TV sound
- Slim design allows placement in front of most TVs
- HDMI® with 4K Ultra HD pass-through and HDCP 2.2
- Access to your music library, Pandora®, Spotify®, Rhapsody® and more
- Versatile connectivity – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, AirPlay® and Spotify Connect
As Yamaha expands the range of Yamaha speakers and Yamaha sound bars that are MusicCast compatible, the Yamaha YSP-1600 sound bar sweeps in with a stylish design and a host of interesting features. The YSP-1600 is able generate pitch perfect sound effects using its eight speakers and two subwoofers. The YSP-1600 also supports both Dolby Digital and DTS audio formats as well as video streams of up to 4K resolution.
With the MusicCast Technology users can share audio via the YSP-1600 with any other compatible Yamaha speakers or Yamaha sound bars, such as the Yamaha WX-030, via the Wi-Fi Direct port without any wired connection between any of the devices.
Yamaha Multicast Feature
The Yamaha YSP-1600 has a very slim bar design. Its dimensions are 6.5 cm high by 100 cm wide and 13 cm in depth, and it weighs 4.7 kilograms. To be combined with the maximum possible number of equipment, the YSP-1600 is available in black or silver, in any case offering a discreet look with only a few control buttons and LEDs at the lower edge of the machine. All connections are located to the rear panel, which also includes a small antenna for receiving and transmitting wireless signals.
Yamaha YSP-1600 Front Surround System
|General||Drivers||1-1/8” x 8 beam drivers|
|Output Power||80 W total power: 2.5 W x 8 beam drivers + 60 W (30 W x 2) subwoofer|
|Power Consumption||25 watts|
|Standby Power Consumption||0.4 W (HDMI Control OFF, Network Standby OFF), 1.8 W ( Network standby ON, Wi-Fi connection)|
|Subwoofer||Dual 3-1/4” subwoofers|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||39-3/8” x 2-1/2” x 5-1/8” (without antenna)|
|Input / Output||HDMI||1 in, 1 out|
|Digital Optical||1 in|
|Analog Audio||1 in (Stereo mini jack)|
|HDMI||4K Pass-through||Yes (60p)|
|Sound Technology||Surround Technology||Digital Sound Projector|
|CINEMA DSP Movie||1|
|CINEMA DSP Music||1|
|CINEMA DSP Entertainment||5 (Movie, Music, Sports, Game, TV programs|
|Audio Formats||Dolby Digital||Yes|
|Dolby Pro Logic II||Yes|
|Connectivity||Wireless Music Streaming||Yes (with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi)|
|Wi-Fi||Yes (with Wireless Direct)|
|Bluetooth Version/Profile||Ver. 2.1 + EDR / A2DP, AVRCP* ; (Audio Codec) SBC, AAC* (*Receiving Only)|
|Bluetooth Maximum Communication Range||32.8 ft (without interference)|
|Other Features||App Control||Yes (MusicCast CONTROLLER, HOME THEATER CONTROLLER [WLAN])|
|TV Remote Repeater||Yes|
With a total power of 80 watts, the YSP-1600 incorporates Digital Sound Projector technology, which is based on the use of eight speakers, 2.8 centimeters in diameter.
This system bounces of audio waves on the walls to envelop the user with real surround sound effect. The bar also has two 8.5 centimeters sub-woofers integrated into each end of the bar and placed facing up. These speakers mainly play the lower frequencies, and can be completed with an external subwoofer connected to the output line on the rear panel. The audio processor is compatible with most common digital audio formats such as Dolby Digital and DTS, and the HDMI inputs and outputs are compatible with 4K video signals.
Yamaha YSP-1600The MusicCAST technology on the YSP-1600 allows the device to send and receive audio information via a network connection, sharing it with any other MusicCAST device within range. For example, if users connected a Blu-Ray or DVD player to the bar and wanted to play a CD to be heard in another room, it will take just having a portable loudspeaker like the Philips Shoqbox Mini or a Yamaha MusicCAST device such as the Yamaha WX-030 to receive the signal through the network. This system also allows users to direct audio from another player or from a smartphone or tablet through the YSP-1600 Bluetooth technology or network connection. Users can even synchronize a wireless headset to listen to music or watch a movie without disturbing anyone.
- low-profile, 2-1/2"-tall design fits under the screen of most pedestal-mounted TVs
- connects to your Wi-Fi network and Yamaha's MusicCast wireless whole home music system
- built-in amplifiers: 2.5 watts x 8 (beam drivers), 30 watts x 2 (subwoofers)
- features 10 built-in speakers:
- eight 1-1/8" beam drivers
- two 3-1/4" cone subwoofers
- bass reflex (ported) cabinet for enhanced low-frequency response
- Yamaha's Digital Sound Projector technology delivers 5.1-channel sound with wide dispersion and reflection to create lifelike surround sound
- adjust the beam speaker settings with the remote to ensure realistic surround effects tailored to your room
- Dolby Digital® and DTS® decoding
- five Cinema DSP listening modes: Movie, Music, Sports, Gaming, and TV
- rests on a TV stand or can be mounted on a wall (hardware not included)
- system learns your existing TV remote commands
- includes remote control with independent subwoofer volume
MusicCast wireless multi-room music system:
- connects to your Wi-Fi network for wireless music listening
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream directly from compatible devices
- also sends audio wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled speakers or headphones
- free MusicCast app lets you control the player and play music with your Apple or Android device
- support for online music services, including Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and thousands of free Internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- connects wirelessly to other Yamaha speakers and receivers with MusicCast to play the same song through multiple speakers or different songs in different rooms
- plays MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- supports high-res playback for PCM-based files up to 24-bit/192kHz
- built-in music enhancer for smoothing out the sound of over-compressed MP3 files
- Apple AirPlay® for streaming from compatible Apple devices and computers running iTunes®
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- supports 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz)
Connections and Dimensions:
- 1 HDMI input and 1 HDMI output (4K-compatible)
- HDCP 2.2 copy-protection compatibility for future 4K broadcast and streaming content
- 1 optical digital input (cable included)
- 1 minijack analog input
- mono preamp output for optional powered sub
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- 39-3/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 5-1/8"D (with antenna down)
- weight: 10.4 lbs.
The Yamaha YSP-1600 sells for $499.99.