Xiaomi Mi 4 MIUI 7.1 Global Stable Build Download/Install: The MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable Build is available for the Xiaomi Mi 4 Android device. The MIUI 7.1 build offers a few improvements and fixes. If you own a Xiaomi Mi 4 then this update, very soon, will appear on your Mi 4 via OTA. That doesn't mean that you can't install the Xiaomi Mi 4 MIUI 7.1 update manually. If you don't want to wait for the OTA update and want to flash the MIUI 7.1 update on your Xiaomi Mi 4 manually, here is a simple tutorial to show you how to flash and update the Mi 4 with the latest MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable Build.
Before you start the manual update process, you ought to make a full backup of your Mi 4. You can learn how to back up your Android contacts here and how to back up (fully) any Android device, here. Now, there are three ways to update the Mi 4 to the MIUI 7.1 global stable build. The first is via OTA, the second is via the manual method ovia Recovery and, the third, involves using the MI PC Suite and, possibly, the Mi Flash Tool. We outline both methods here for your convenience.
Install the Xiaomi Mi 4 MIUI 7.1 via OTA
If you have the MIUI V5/MIUI 6 Global stable version on your Mi 4, then you may use this method to get the MIUI 7.1 update on your Mi 4.
- Open the "Updater" application on you Mi 4 and select "Check for update".
- If the update is ready for your Mi 4 (different carriers, different update times) then you simply select it and click update.
- The update process will start on your Mi 4 and, once it completes, you reboot the Mi 4.
That's all there is to it. If, however, you don't receive the OTA update then you can use the method below to manual update your Mi 4 to MIUI 7.1 Global Stable Build.
Install MIUI7 on Mi 4 via Reocvery
- To begin, download the Xiaomi Mi 4 MIUI 220.127.116.11 ROM code named Mi 4 - V18.104.22.168.KHJMICK
(it is 662MB)
- Once the download is complete, transfer the Xiaomi Mi 4 MIUI 22.214.171.124 ROM to the root folder of your Mi 4's internal storage.
- Open the "Mi 4 Updater App" and tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner of your screen
- From the options, select "Choose update package"
- You need to select the Mi 4 - V126.96.36.199.KHJMICK ROM file that you transferred earlier
- Once selected the Mi 4 will automatically install the MIUI 188.8.131.52 update.
Install MIUI7 on Mi 4 via Mi PC Suite
For this to work, you first need to download and install the Mi PC Suite for Windows (English Version). In order for you to install MIUI 7 update on your Mi 4 using Mi PC Suite, you may follow this guide. As always thanks for reading: how to download and install Xiaomi Mi 4 MIUI 7.1 Global Stable Build update. You can also check out the: Xiaomi Mi 3 MIUI 7.1 Global Stable Build Update Guide.