Eager to update your OnePlus 2 to the latest version of the Oxygen OS ROM but do not want to wait for the OTA roll-out of the update? If the answer is yes you'll be happy to know that this tutorial will completely guide you in doing so, complete with a download link and installation of Oxygen OS 2.0.1.
The innovations introduced with this release are numerous: patch for stagefright, improvements with regard to the design, bug fixes, UI fixes etc. The procedure for updating (or installing the update from scratch, in the case of transitioning from one ROM to another) is pretty simple. In the event of questions or problems please feel free to leave a comment below.
Table of Contents
OXYGEN OS 2.0.1 CHANGELOG
Let’s see the full changelog:
- Added the patch for Stagefright;
- Improved performance of the battery;
- Improved consistency of the user interface;
- Fixed a bug affecting the pinch-to-zoom with Google Photos;
- Fixed instability linked to Dark Mode;
- Fixed a bug in the import / export contacts from the SIM card;
- Added more APNs;
- Further improvements and bug fixes.
HOW TO UPDATE ONEPLUS 2 TO OXYGEN OS 2.0.1
INSTALLATION / UPDATE:
- Download the zip ( OTA if you already have oxygen , full if you want to change ROM ). Then copy it to the external memory of your device.
- Restart the OnePlus two in recovery.
- Select “Install update ..” and select the zip file.
- Wait for the installation.
- For the full Rom option you need to perform a full factory reset, for OTA delete cache and Dalvik Cache. Download: – FULL ROM – Oxygen 2.0.1 OTA
Step by Step Guide
- Download the Rom:- Oxygen OS 2.0.1 full ROM (File name: OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_005_all_1508192013.zip)
- OR OTA update (File name: OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_002-005_patch_1508192013.zip)
- Once the ZIP file is downloaded, connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable and move the zip file to your phone’s internal memory.
- Boot your OnePlus Two into recovery mode.
- Once the Oneplus 2 is in stock recovery, use the Volume button to navigate to ‘install update’ and press the Power button to select it.
- Browse for the zip file that you saved to your smartphone above.
- Select it and confirm installation.
- Now the flashing process will start. If you get an error with the OTA zip file, then try the FULL ROM package.
- Once completed, select Reboot system now to reboot the OnePlus 2.
That’s all there is to updating your OnePlus 2 to the latest Oxygen 2.0.1 update. Remember if you’re having trouble you can leave a comment below for help.