What to do when your Samsung Galaxy Note Won’t Connect to Kies? This is a question many Galaxy Note 4 owners ask. Maybe they get the unsupported device alert from Kies.
Or, Samsung Kies does not recognize their Galaxy Note. Hence, it does not show up on the Kies interface. And, the list of problems goes on and on.
However, there are fixes, and we have the solutions for you. Firstly, be sure that you have the latest version which is Kies 3. Once you have it, proceed with the following troubleshooting tips.
The first thing to try is a power cycle. Don't worry it is easier to do than it may sound. To power cycle you Galaxy Note do the following:
- Unplug the Galaxy Note from the computer.
- Press and hold the Power button to turn the Galaxy Note off.
- Turn the Note back on. Leave it unplugged.
- Plug the Galaxy Note back into your PC using the USB port.
Does Kies connect to your Galaxy Note? If yes, then great job. However, if Kies still does not make a connection with you Galaxy Note, try the next tip.
Remove SD Card
Do you have an SD card installed on your Note? Then, some users claim that by removing the SD card from the Galaxy Note, Samsung Kies recognizes the device.
- Turn off your Note.
- Remove the SD card.
- Turn on your device and attempt to connect to Kies again.
Has it connected? Yes? Then, great job. However, if Kies still won't connect to your Galaxy Note, here are some other things that you can do.
Check Windows Programs
Are you using a Windows computer? Then, there is a program that may interfere with the connection between Kies and your Galaxy Note. Do the following:
- Go to the “Control Panel.”
- Then, go to “Programs.”
- Search for “Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework."
- Once you find it, uninstall the program.
- Reinstall Galaxy Note USB Drivers.
- Try to connect to Kies again.
Change USB Connection Type
Ok, this step involves using a quick code via your Galaxy Note. With it, you modify the connection settings so that Kies can connect to your device. Use the guideline below to do this:
- Disconnect the Note from your PC.
- Open the phone dialer and dial *#7284#
- The PhoneUtil app opens.
- Select USB – Modem.
- Now, choose USB – PDA mode.
- Connect the Galaxy Note to the computer once more.
Has Kies finally connected to your Galaxy Note? Yes? Woo Hoo! I was beginning to think nothing would work! Be sure to share the results with other Galaxy Note users.