The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G's Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update is now available for download and install. The firmware update, N910GDTU1COJ5 or DTU1COJ5 (for short), is the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware release for this device. The update should be pushed to your device over the coming days but if you can't' wait, you can download and install the update yourself. Here are the step by step guidelines that you need to follow:
- Firmware Details
- Installation Instructions
- Update Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G Android Lollipop 5.1.1 via OTA
- Update Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G Android Lollipop 5.1.1 via Kies
- Update Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G Android Lollipop 5.1.1 via Odin
- Things to Know
- Odin: Flash Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G Android Lollipop 5.1.1
Model Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Version: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
The following download links are based on country/carrier. You need to select the one that corresponds with your device. If your device is not listed then you can check back later for additional updates which will be added to the list as information becomes available:
- Singapore: N910GDTU1COJ5_N910GOLB1COJ1_MM1
- Singapore (SingTel): N910GDTU1COJ5_N910GOLB1COJ1_SIN
- Singapore (StarHub): N910GDTU1COJ5_N910GOLB1COJ1_STH
- Singapore: N910GDTU1COJ5_N910GOLB1COJ1_XSP
How you update to the latest Galaxy Note 4 N910G firmware is completely up to you. We like to give options and, below, we will show you the various ways that you can port the DTU1COJ5 firmware on your Galaxy Note 4 N910G via Samsung Kies, via OTA or via Odin.
Update Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G Android Lollipop 5.1.1 via OTA
- Turn on WiFi or Mobile Data on your device(you will need a strong signal so best to go with Wi-F)
- Go to Settings, then to About, and tap on the Update Option (If you get “The latest update have already been installed” message, then your device has not received any OTA yet, check back later or try installing the update through Kies.)
- If its there, tap OK to start the download and installation process
- Once done, your device will reboot automatically
Update Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G Android Lollipop 5.1.1 via Kies
- Turn on WiFi or Mobile Data on your device
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Utility on your PC
- Connect your device to your PC through USB
- Open/Run Samsung Kies, it should automatically detect your device (if not install the latest Samsung Galaxy Drivers on your PC).
- At the Samsung Kies home screen, you’ll see a notification that reads, New Firmware Upgrade is available (If it shows- “This is the last firmware”, then your device hasn't received the latest firmware on Kies, check back later or try flashing manually through Odin using the guide below)
- If its there, then click on the Firmware Upgrade button to start the update process
- Follow the on screen instructions
- Once done, your device will be reboot automatically
- After reboot, you can disconnect your device from PC
Update Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G Android Lollipop 5.1.1 via Odin
While the OTA and Samsung Kies Methods are the safest and official methods to update your Galaxy Note 4 N910G to the DTU1COJ5 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware, there are other ways that you can go about doing the update. This is where Odin comes into play.
"The firmware is released only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G model, so don’t try to install this update on any other android device. Check your device model number from Settings-About Phone. Also the tutorial is done using a Windows PC. You, and only you, are responsible if anything wrong should happen to your device after following this guide, try this at your own risk".
Things to Know
- You battery percentage should be at least 60%
- USB Debugging mode needs to be turned ON
To turn on USB Debugging, go to Settings, General, Developer Options (Developer options are hidden by default on all Android devices running Android 4.2 or up. To enable, go to Settings, General, About on your Galaxy Note 4 and tap the Build Number 7 times to activate the Developer options.)
- Backup important data and settings to external storage
- Backup Contacts - Read This for more info.
- Install USB driver for your device on your PC/Laptop- Download Samsung USB Driver
- The Galaxy Note 4 N910G stock firmware (which is what you're installing now) replaces Custom ROMs installed, including but not limited to: the CyanogenMod ROM, ParanoidAndroid ROM, AOKP ROM, SLIM ROM, PACman ROM, Avatar ROM, Omni ROM, LiquidSmooth ROM, Beanstalk ROM, Carbon ROM etc.
- Stock Recovery replaces Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP Recovery)
- After flashing official firmware, your device loses Root Access. However, you can root your device any time after flashing the firmware.
Odin: Flash Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G Android Lollipop 5.1.1
- Download DTU1COJ5 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware for Galaxy Note 4 N910G from the download section (if you haven't already)
- Download Odin 3.09
- Switch off and boot Galaxy Note 4 N910G into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons (long press until the boot screen appears), now press the Volume Up key to access to Download Mode.
- Extract the downloaded Odin3.09 zip file and run the Odin3 v3.09.exe file as an administrator (Right click on the .exe file and click on Run as administrator)
- Now connect your Galaxy Note 4 N910G to your computer via USB
- On the Odin3 screen, you should see a COM Port number similar to “0:[COM7]” int the ID:COM section and the “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin3.
- Make sure that only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked on the Odin interface.
- Now, extract the downloaded firmware zip file, you’ll find a firmware file with the extension, .tar.md5
- On the Odin screen, click on AP (PDA in older versions of Odin) button and select the firmware file with the .tar.md5 extension (The firmware file look similar to: N910GXXDLJ5_N910GODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5)
- Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, wait few moments.
- Once completed, you would see the “PASS!” message in the ID:COM port slot (it will have a green background).
- Your device will automatically reboot after completion
If your Galaxy Note 4 SMN910G gets stuck in a boot loop after installing the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop N910GDTU1COJ5 Firmware, follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- Turn off the Device
- Boot the Note 4 into recovery mode: Hold the Vol Down + Home + Power Button
- The device will boot into recovery mode
- Use the volume keys to navigate the interface and the power button to execute commands
- Search for and select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition
- Select and Execute Restart
That's it! Did you think that there was more to it? Enjoy your newly updated Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910G Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Just to be sure, once you followed everything as mentioned in the tutorial, your device should now be running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with the build version number DTU1COJ5, verify the firmware update details by going to Settings, About Phone. Check the details there.