In this tutorial, you learn how to reboot your LG V40 ThinQ in Safe Mode. When you start your LG V40 ThinQ in Safe Mode, all third-party apps and services are temporarily turned off.
Safe Mode allows you to troubleshoot problems where your LG V40 ThinQ cannot run successfully in normal mode. For example, when your LG V40 ThinQ won’t turn on or start up past the logo.
How To Start LG V40 ThinQ In Safe Mode
- With the screen on, press and hold the Power key.
- In the menu that appears, press and hold Power off.
- When prompted to restart in Safe Mode, tap OK.
- After your device restarts, it displays Safe mode at the bottom of the screen.
- Power down your LG V40 ThinQ.
- Press and hold the Power key until the LG V40 ThinQ logo appears on the screen.
- When the logo appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- As soon as you release the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- Once Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
By following the above steps, you will have successfully booted your LG V40 ThinQ in Safe Mode.
As mentioned, Safe Mode is great for issues wherein the LG V40 ThinQ runs slowly, you can also use it to observe your LG V40 ThinQ to know if it works perfectly when all third parties apps and services are disabled.
The same thing goes if you notice pop-ups and other unwanted apps that automatically install on your device.
Hopefully with these 6 Easy Steps To Reboot LG V40 ThinQ In Safe Mode and the additional information below about the feature you can troubleshoot and fix minor software issues on your LG V40 ThinQ.
What Is Safe Mode For LG V40 ThinQ?
As mentioned before, Safe Mode disables third-party applications and services installed on your LG V40 ThinQ. It’s a good way to troubleshoot problems such as when your device freezes or is unresponsive often.
More often than not, third-party apps are the cause of such effects and the reliable way to confirm this is to reboot your LG V40 ThinQ in Safe Mode. By doing this, you only load the factory default apps. No applications installed by you or anyone else load.
How Do I Get My LG V40 ThinQ Out Of Safe Mode?
Once you finish troubleshooting issues on your LG V40 ThinQ, to turn off Safe Mode, simply reboot your smartphone. Once the phone completely restarts, your device should not longer be in safe mode.
What To Do If My LG V40 ThinQ Safe Mode Won’t Turn Off?
In the unusual case that your LG V40 ThinQ keeps restarting into Safe Mode, you should check that the buttons on your phone are not stuck.
There should be no reason for your device to reboot into Safe Mode unless you are pressing the keys to do so.
This issue usually occurs when the volume down button is not working or malfunctions.
However, your best option is to return to your carrier and have them help you. Or, if the manufacturer of your device has a store nearby, take it there.
If both are out of the question, and you still cannot get your LG V40 ThinQ out of safe mode, then take it to a third-party repair shop for further assistance, I suggest a manufacturer approved one before any other just to be on the safe side.