Nexus 6P Recovery Mode Tutorial. A short informative tutorial that teaches how to reboot a Nexus 6P device into recovery mode. Do you have Nexus 6P bootloop issues? Do you need to wipe the cache partition on your Nexus 6P? Then, the Nexus 6P recovery allows you to all of these tasks and more.
Furthermore, the Nexus 6P recovery environment allows you to flash new ROMs, other custom Recovery images, and other similar files. However, this works only for rooted Nexus 6P phones. Moreover, the recovery environment also allows you to ADB sideload new Android OS updates.
Before you access the Nexus 6P Recovery Mode options, you will get to the Fastboot/ Bootloader Mode. Below, you can follow all the steps you need.
Boot Google Nexus 6P Recovery Mode - Hardware Keys
Note that this guide launches the Nexus 6P recovery mode with no command (ADB). You may perform a fastboot on the Nexus 6P via ADB commands. However, for the sake of clarity, we do include those steps in the section after.
- Firstly, Switch off the Nexus 6P.
- Secondly, press and hold the Volume Down. Then, press and hold the Power button, as well.
– release the buttons when the screen displays some info.
- This procedure boots the Nexus 6P Fastboot Mode / Bootloader Mode.
- Now, use the volume buttons to select Recovery Mode.
- Press the Power button to load the Nexus 6P Recovery Mode.
- An Android with a red exclamation mark appears. Additionally, press and hold Power. Then, press and release Volume UP.
- The Recovery Mode options appear shortly after that.
Access Nexus 6P Recovery Mode via ADB Commands
- Install ADB and Fastboot driver.
- Open a command window on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging on your Nexus 6P.
- Go to Settings > About phone, and then tap the text that reads ‘Build number’ . Tap 7 times or until you get the message ‘You’re now a developer!’.
- Go back to Settings and select‘Developer options’. Find the ‘USB debugging’ option and use the toggle button to enable the feature. Read and Accept the warning by tapping the OK button.
- Connect your Nexus 6P to your PC. A pop-up normally appears on the Nexus 6P display. Moreover, this pop-up only appears the first time after enabling the USB debugging feature.
- Select the ‘Always allow from this computer’ checkbox and then tap on the OK button.
- Now, type the following command into the command window and then press the enter key to execute the command.
adb reboot recovery
Video Guide: How to Boot Nexus 6P into Bootloader and Recovery mode
Learn how to boot the Google Nexus 6P into recovery and bootloader mode. The latter, bootloader mode, required to run any fastboot command on the device.
Video Guide 2: How to Boot the Nexus 6P into Recovery Mode
Everyone should know how to boot their Android smartphone into Recovery Mode. So let me show you how to boot the Nexus 6P into recovery mode.
To conclude, the steps outlined allow you to boot Recovery Mode on your Nexus 6P manually. Do you have a rooted Nexus 6P? Then, you can download an application like QuickBoot to reboot the Nexus 6P into recovery mode.
As always, thanks for reading, Nexus 6P Recovery Mode: Boot Nexus 6P into Recovery Mode on OrDuh! Don't forget to share this post so that others find the information! Did you have trouble booting your Nexus 6P into recovery mode? Then, let us know in the comments section below.