Do you want to know how to boot the Nexus 6P Fastboot Mode? Firstly, the Nexus 6P fastboot mode is a sub-section of Nexus 6P smartphones. Also known as the Nexus 6P Bootloader Mode. This subsection allows you to unlock the Nexus 6P bootloader, access the Nexus 6P recovery & flash updates on the Nexus 6P.
This article provides information for Android users who need to reboot the Google / Huawei Nexus 6P device in fastboot mode. We outline three ways that allow you to access the bootloader/fastboot environment on the Nexus 6P.
Firstly, we illustrate how to boot a Nexus 6P in fastboot mode via the Nexus 6P hardware keys. Furthermore, we demonstrate how to boot the Nexus 6P in bootloader mode via ADB commands. And, lastly, we provide an easy method for rooted Nexus 6P users looking to access fastboot mode.
Things You’ll Need
- Nexus 6P USB Driver
- A computer
Boot Nexus 6P Bootloader Mode – Use Hardware Keys
- Firstly, power off your Nexus 6P smartphone.
- Once powered off, press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys simultaneously.
- Once the Nexus 6P Fastboot options load, release the buttons.
- You are now in the Nexus 6P bootloader options.
Boot Nexus 6P Bootloader Mode Via ADB Commands
- Connect your Nexus 6P with one of your computers via USB cable.
- On your PC access the Android SDK folder.
- There, open a command prompt window: press and hold Shift keyboard key and then right click on any blank space.
- In the cmd window, you have to execute the following command: “adb reboot bootloader”.
Boot Nexus 6P Fastboot Mode Via Applications
- Do not proceed unless your Nexus 6P has root access.
- Tap on the Google Play icon on your phone.
- On Google Play tap on Search and type Quick Boot.
- Download and install the software on your handset.
- Run the app and follow on-screen prompts to reboot your Nexus 6P into fastboot mode.
Please note that this method requires a rooted Nexus 6P. Do you not have a rooted Nexus 6P? Then, use the aforementioned methods. The prior method uses ADB commands to reboot into the Nexus 6P bootloader mode. Meanwhile, the first uses the Nexus 6P hardware keys.
Video Guide: How to Boot Nexus 6P into Bootloader
Learn how to boot the Google Nexus 6P into recovery and bootloader mode. This allows you to run any fastboot command on the Nexus 6P.
Video Guide 2: How to Boot the Nexus 6P into Fastboot Mode
Some know this as Bootloader Mode. However, whatever you call it, let me show you how to boot the Nexus 6P into Fastboot Mode.
In conclusion, using any of the methods above allows you to access the Nexus 6P fastboot mode. Furthermore, the first and last methods are the easiest. The ADB method requires a bit of advanced knowledge to complete.
Nonetheless, regardless of your choice, each method ensures access to bootloader mode. Thanks for reading How to boot Nexus 6P into fastboot / bootloader mode here on OrDuh! For further reading, have a look at our Nexus 6P Recovery Mode Tutorial.