Do you want to know how to boot the Nexus 5X Fastboot Mode? Firstly, the Nexus 5X fastboot mode is a sub-section of Nexus 5X smartphones. Also known as the Nexus 5X Bootloader Mode. This subsection allows you to unlock the Nexus 5X bootloader, access the Nexus 5X recovery & flash updates on the Nexus 5X.
This article provides information for Android users who need to reboot the Google Nexus 5X device in fastboot mode. We outline three ways that allow you to access the bootloader/fastboot environment on the Nexus 5X.
Firstly, we illustrate how to boot a Nexus 5X in fastboot mode via the Nexus 5X hardware keys. Furthermore, we demonstrate how to boot the Nexus 5X in bootloader mode via ADB commands. And, lastly, we provide an easy method for rooted Nexus 5X users looking to access fastboot mode.
Table of Contents
Things You'll Need
- Nexus 5X USB Driver
- A computer
Boot Nexus 5X Bootloader Mode - Use Hardware Keys
- Firstly, power off your Nexus 5X smartphone.
- Once powered off, press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys simultaneously.
- Once the Nexus 5X Fastboot options load, release the buttons.
- You are now in the Nexus 5X bootloader options.
Boot Nexus 5X Bootloader Mode Via ADB Commands
- Connect your Nexus 5X with one of your computers via USB cable.
- On your PC access the Android SDK folder.
- There, open a command prompt window: press and hold Shift keyboard key and then right click on any blank space.
- In the cmd window, you have to execute the following command: “ADB reboot bootloader”.
Boot Nexus 5X Fastboot Mode Via Applications
- Do not proceed unless your Nexus 5X has root access.
- Tap on the Google Play icon on your phone.
- On Google Play tap on Search and type Quick Boot.
- Download and install the software on your handset.
- Run the app and follow on-screen prompts to reboot your Nexus 5X into fastboot mode.
Please note that this method requires a rooted Nexus 5X. Do you not have a rooted Nexus 5X? Then, use the methods above. The prior method uses ADB commands to reboot into the Nexus 5X bootloader mode. Meanwhile, the first uses the Nexus 5X hardware keys.
Video Guide: How to Boot Nexus 5X into Bootloader
Learn how to boot the Google Nexus 5X into recovery and bootloader mode. Bootloader allows you to run any fastboot command on the Nexus 5X.
In conclusion, using any of the methods above allows you to access the Nexus 5X fastboot mode. Furthermore, the first and last methods are the easiest. The ADB method requires a bit of advanced knowledge to complete.
Nonetheless, regardless of your choice, each process ensures access to bootloader mode. Thanks for reading How to boot Nexus 5X into fastboot / bootloader mode here on OrDuh! For further reading, have a look at our Nexus 5X Recovery Mode Tutorial.