Do you want to know how to boot the Nexus 4 Fastboot Mode? Firstly, the Nexus 4 fastboot mode is a sub-section of Nexus 4 smartphones. Also known as the Nexus 4 Bootloader Mode. This subsection allows you to unlock the Nexus 4 bootloader, access the Nexus 4 recovery & flash updates on the Nexus 4.
This article provides information for Android users who need to reboot the Google Nexus 4 device in fastboot mode. We outline three ways that allow you to access the bootloader/fastboot environment on the Nexus 4.
Firstly, we illustrate how to boot a Nexus 4 in fastboot mode via the Nexus 4 hardware keys. Furthermore, we demonstrate how to boot the Nexus 4 in bootloader mode via ADB commands. And, lastly, we provide an easy method for rooted Nexus 4 users looking to access fastboot mode.
Things You'll Need
- Nexus 4 USB Driver
- A computer
Boot Nexus 4 Bootloader Mode - Use Hardware Keys
- Firstly, power off your Nexus 4 smartphone.
- Once powered off, press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys simultaneously.
- Once the Nexus 4 Fastboot options load, release the buttons.
- You are now in the Nexus 4 bootloader options.
Boot Nexus 4 Bootloader Mode Via ADB Commands
- Connect your Nexus 4 with one of your computers via USB cable.
- On your PC access the Android SDK folder.
- There, open a command prompt window: press and hold Shift keyboard key and then right click on any blank space.
- In the cmd window, you have to execute the following command: “ADB reboot bootloader”.
Boot Nexus 4 Fastboot Mode Via Applications
- Do not proceed unless your Nexus 4 has root access.
- Tap on the Google Play icon on your phone.
- On Google Play tap on Search and type Quick Boot.
- Download and install the software on your handset.
- Run the app and follow on-screen prompts to reboot your Nexus 4 into fastboot mode.
Please note that this method requires a rooted Nexus 4. Do you not have a rooted Nexus 4? Then, use the methods above. The prior method uses ADB commands to reboot into the Nexus 4 bootloader mode. Meanwhile, the first uses the Nexus 4 hardware keys.
Video Guide: How to Boot Nexus 4 into Bootloader
Learn how to boot the Google Nexus 4 into recovery and bootloader mode. Bootloader allows you to run any fastboot command on the Nexus 4.
In conclusion, using any of the methods above allows you to access the Nexus 4 fastboot mode. Furthermore, the first and last methods are the easiest. The ADB method requires a bit of advanced knowledge to complete.
Nonetheless, regardless of your choice, each process ensures access to bootloader mode. Thanks for reading How to boot Nexus 4 into fastboot / bootloader mode here on OrDuh! For further reading, have a look at our Nexus 4 Recovery Mode Tutorial.