LG G4 Download Mode: How to Boot LG G4 Fastboot Mode Tutorial. Do you want to revert to the stock LG G4 ROM? Or, perhaps you want to flash a custom image. Either way, to do any of those above, you need to boot your LG G4 via Download or Fastboot mode.
Download mode also allows us to update manually or downgrade your LG G4 with an official or custom Android OS. Think of Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This tutorial teaches you the various ways to reboot an LG G4 into Fastboot Mode.
To proceed, you need to download the LG G4 Flash Tool. Furthermore, you require the LG G4 USB Drivers. And, lastly, you need to have access to a Windows PC. Rest assured that we provide all of the necessary download links in this article.
Things to Consider
Firstly, the fastboot feature, a hidden Android environment, provides access to the LG G4's internal system. This feature is also known as bootloader mode or download mode. We use these terms interchangeably throughout the tutorial.
Through fastboot / download mode you can update or downgrade your LG G4. Moreover, the fastboot mode is useful when unlocking the bootloader of your LG G4. Furthermore, access to bootloader mode streamlines rooting your LG G4.
Users of rooted LG G4s use download mode to update their device manually. The reason being that rooted LG G4 smartphones do not receive OTA updates. Before proceeding, backup your personal data, info, backup contacts, and accounts. If you don't, you can lose all the information saved on your LG G4.
Lastly, the process is official. The LG G4 features the Fastboot environment by default. You won’t lose the warranty of your LG G4while completing the guidelines from this step by step guide.
Things You'll Need
- LG G4 USB Driver
- LG G4 Flash Tool
How to Reboot into LG G4 Fastboot Mode/ LG G4 Download Mode
There are three methods that I'd like to show you. The first method involves using the hardware buttons. The second method requires an app from the Google Play Store. Thirdly, you can boot the LG G4 into download mode via ADB commands. Let's have a look at each of these methods in detail.
Boot LG G4 Download Mode Via Device Keys
- Firstly, shut down your LG G4 smartphone – turn it off completely. Press the power key once and select “power off”. Additionally, you can press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- After, press and hold (at the same time) the Power and Volume Up keys. Keep pushing the buttons for about 6 or 7 seconds.
- Plug in the USB cable for your LG G4 and establish a connection between your LG G4 and your computer.
- Release the keys when the screen returns the download mode display.
Boot LG G4 Fastboot Mode Via Applications
- Do not proceed unless your LG G4 has root access.
- Tap on the Google Play icon on your phone.
- On Google Play tap on Search and type Quick Boot.
- Download and install the software on your handset.
- Run the app and follow on-screen prompts to reboot your LG G4 into fastboot mode.
Please note that this method requires a rooted LG G4. Do you not have a rooted LG G4? Then, skip to the next method. The last method uses ADB commands to reboot into the LG G4 bootloader mode.
Boot LG G4 Bootloader Mode Via ADB Commands
- Connect your LG G4 with one of your computers via USB cable.
- On your PC access the Android SDK folder.
- There, open a command prompt window: press and hold Shift keyboard key and then right click on any blank space.
- In the cmd window, you have to execute the following command: “adb reboot bootloader”.
Video Guide: How to enter download mode on LG G4
In conclusion, using any of the methods above allows you to access the LG G4 download mode. Furthermore, the first two methods are the easiest. The ADB method requires a bit of advanced knowledge to complete.
Nonetheless, regardless of your choice, each method ensures access to bootloader mode. Thanks for reading How to boot LG G4 into fastboot / download mode here on OrDuh!