With all the problems that plague mobile phones, you hope that it won’t happen to you. However, you go to turn on your iPhone but the iPhone screen remains black. No Apple logo. No lights. Just a black screen. You ask yourself, “why is my iPhone screen black“? In this article, we discuss why your iPhone display might turn black and how to fix it.
Table of Contents
iPhone Screen Black Fixes
We all know that phone screens can go black when they are not in use. Also, if your iPhone battery dies, the screen goes black. However, you know that your battery is fully charged and that you did not turn off your iPhone display. What do you do? Is it a hardware issue? Or is it a software issue? Let us find out!
You might also like:
- iPhone Won’t Charge? Here’s The Fix!
- Solved: iPhone Screen Unresponsive
- Why Won’t My iPhone Turn On? Troubleshooting & Solutions That Work
Hard Reset iPhone
The first thing you can do to erase most software issues is to perform a hard reset on your iPhone. However, the process varies slightly depending on your iPhone version. Use the below links to find the process for your specific iPhone variant:
- How To Reset iPhone 5C
- Here’s How To Reset iPhone 6
- How To Reset iPhone 7
- How To Reset iPhone 8
- Read Here To Know How To Reset iPhone X
Ok. Once you follow the steps to perform the hard reset, the Apple logo ought to appear on your iPhone’s screen. Once it does, you know that you had a software malfunction and that your screen is perfectly fine. However, if no Apple logo appears and your iPhone screen is still black then there may be a hardware malfunction.
- Why Is My iPhone Battery Yellow? Here’s The Reason & Fix
- How To Fix An iPhone That’s Stuck In Headphone Mode
- Why Does My Phone Get Hot? Here’s The Fix
- How To Undo In Notes On An iPhone
Troubleshooting iPhone Screen Hardware Issues
Should your iPhone have a hardware problem, it is always wise to take the device to an Apple Store. At the Apple Store, a technician can check your iPhone’s display your iPhone’s logic board.
You should not attempt to disassemble your iPhone unless you are proficient enough to do so. Your iPhone display, while removable, houses several parts that you may damage. For example,
- The iPhone’s LCD screen.
- The iPhone’s digitizer.
- The iPhone’front-facingng camera.
- The Home button.
In the below video, you see the necessary steps to take in order to fix your iPhone screen at home. However, I recommend taking it to a professional.
Things You Need To Fix iPhone Screen At Home
- P2 Pentalobe Screwdriver iPhone
- Suction Handle
- iFixit Opening Tools
- Phillips #000 Screwdriver
- iPhone LCD Screen and Digitizer Full Assembly
- Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone
- iPhone Front Panel Assembly Cable Bracket
Video: How To Replace An iPhone Screen At Home
You might also like:
- Why Is My Battery Draining So Fast? Reasons & Solutions For iPhone
- Why Does My iPhone Get Hot? Here’s The Fix
- Fix Water Damaged iPhone 6
- Siri Not Working On Your iPhone? Here’s The Fix
- Solved: My Computer Won’t Recognize iPhone