TWRP for Acer Iconia Tab A500 TWRP Recovery download and installation guide. Team Win backed Recovery Project, TWRP, the most popular custom recovery for many smartphones and tablet devices running Google’s Android OS comes to the Acer Iconia Tab A500. This tutorial teaches you how to install TWRP recovery on the Acer Iconia Tab A500. You might need TWRP if you want to install Custom ROMs on your Iconia Tab A500. Please note that the guide is only for installing TWRP on Iconia Tab A500 devices. Do not use it for any other device.
Things You’ll Need
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 Enable Developer Options
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Optional: Acer Iconia Tab A500 USB Drivers
Acer Iconia Tab A500 TWRP Recovery Install Instructions
- Download the TWRP Recovery file of your choice for the Acer Iconia Tab A500 device from below.
- twrp-picasso-2.1.1.img 4.5M
- Set up ADB & Fastboot for Windows (adb and fastboot for mac) on your computer by following the respective guides.
- Extract the custom recovery file to the desktop and then copy the TWRP image file over to the same folder as adb sits.
- Connect the Acer Iconia Tab A500 device to the computer with the USB cable.
- With the adb and TWRP folder open, hold the Shift key and right-click the mouse where it shows nothing but the white background within the folder.
- Choose to “open a new command window here” from the menu you should get if the step above is done properly.
- Type the first command:
adb reboot bootloader
– the Iconia Tab A500 device will now reboot to bootloader mode.
- Type the next command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Type the last command:
Video: How To Install TWRP (Fully Touch-Based Custom Recovery)
A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your Acer Iconia Tab A500. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom “ROM” like OmniROM.
Fastboot Install Method (No Root Required) Windows Only:
You will need the platform-tools from the Android SDK on your computer. Find the SDK Only section on the page linked and install the SDK and download only the platform-tools to get adb and fastboot binaries. Windows users will need proper drivers installed on your computer. You can use the Naked ADB drivers or the Universal ADB drivers if you don’t already have a working driver installed
On your device, go into Settings -> About and find the Build Number and tap on it 7 times to enable developer settings. Press back and go into Developer Options and enable USB debugging. From your computer, open a command prompt and type:
adb reboot bootloader
You should now be in fastboot mode. Download the correct image file and copy the file into the same folder as your adb and fastboot binaries. Rename the image to twrp.img and type:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img fastboot reboot
Acer Iconia Tab A500 TWRP Recovery TWRP Upgrade (Requires TWRP 2.8.4 or higher already installed)
- Download the latest TWRP image file (.img) from the download links above and transfer it to your device.
- Boot TWRP. Go to install and find and select the Images… button. Browse to the image that you downloaded and select it. Choose recovery and swipe to flash.
Other Acer Iconia Tab A500 Articles
- Factory Reset Acer Iconia Tab A500
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 Battery Drain/Overheating
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 Won’t Charge or Turn on
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 USB Driver
You now know how to intall TWRP recovery for the Acer Iconia Tab A500. You simply download the recovery file from the links provided, install fastboot & ADB, run the commands given in the instructions and you are all set. Also, if you already have TWRP on your device, you can simply perform an upgrade. You need to have TWRP 2.8.4 or hihgher for this to work. You also need to download the update and transfer it to your device. THe good thing is you do not need ADB or Fastboot to perform the upgrade if you are using the this method. And, that is all there is to installing the TWRP recovery on the Acer Iconia Tab A500! If you liked the tutorial then share the information with your friends. Thanks for reading: How to Install Acer Iconia Tab A500 TWRP Recovery on ORDUH!