Sending and receiving picture messages or other MMS texts from a Galaxy Note 9 is easy. However, sometimes, your Android’s MMS does not work. Here are 6 easy and quick ways to fix Galaxy Note 9 not sending or receiving picture messages.
Galaxy Note 9 Won’t Download MMS Messages
The reasons why your MMS messages may not send or come into your Galaxy Note 9 varies. My advice is to take it to your carrier (ATT, Verizon, etc.) to have them properly setup the phone for MMS. However, to try to fix it on your own, these are the most common issues and fixes.
Do you have a wireless signal? Check to see that you have service or if you accidentally enabled Airplane Mode.
If Airplane Mode is off and you have good signal then you can check your message center number and ensure that it is correct.
The first thing to do here is to restart your Galaxy Note 9. Software glitches normally require a reboot to resolve. Once you restart your phone check to verify that you send MMS texts.
If your Note 9 still can’t send or receive pictures, then press and hold the volume down and power keys simultaneously for 10 seconds or more to do a forced reboot and try again.
The forced reboot soft resets your Note 9 but does not erase any files, photos, or other data. It simply closes all apps and reloads the phone’s memory.
Delete Messages In Inbox
If you have lots of messages in your inbox and many with attachments, try to delete unnecessary ones to make room for new multimedia message.
Choose Network Manually
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Connections.
- Tap Mobile networks.
- Tap Network operators.
- Tap Search networks.
- It may take some time for the device to search for available networks.
- Tap on any other network but your own network operator.
- Your phone will try to register with that network but it will fail.
- Then, tap on your own network operator.
- Restart your Android and check to see if the problem resolves itself.
Reset Network Configuration
- On the Home screen, swipe up on an empty space to open the Apps tray.
- Tap General Management.
- Tap Reset settings.
- Tap Reset network settings.
- If you have set up a PIN, enter it.
- Tap Reset settings. Once complete a confirmation window will appear.
If your Galaxy Note 9 still cannot receive or send MMS picture messages then you can hard reset your Note 9 to see if this fixes the problem. However, remember that you can always take it your carrier first for help.
- 2 Easy Ways To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- 6 Easy Steps To Reboot Galaxy Note 9 In Safe Mode
- 3 Easy Fixes For When Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Won’t Turn On
- 9 Easy Steps To Clear Cache Partition Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- 10+ Easy Ways To Fix Galaxy Note 9 Battery Drain Problems
- 3 Simple Ways To Turn Off Bixby On Galaxy Note 9
- 3 Easy Steps To Enable WiFi Calling On Galaxy Note 9
- 3 Easy Fixes Galaxy Note 9 Voicemail Notification Won’t Go Away
- 2 Simple Ways To Take A Screenshot On Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- 10+ Easy Ways To Fix Galaxy Note 9 Won’t Connect To WiFi
- Galaxy Note9 Won’t Charge: 10+ Super Easy Fixes To Try Now
- 7 Easy Steps To Transfer Photos From Galaxy Note 9 To Computer
- 8 Easy Steps To Transfer Files From Galaxy Note 9 To PC
- 5 EasySteps To Insert/Remove MicroSD Card On Galaxy Note 9
- 5 SimpleSteps To Insert & Remove SIM Card On Galaxy Note 9
- 8 Easy Fixes For Galaxy Note 9 Not Reading SD Card
- 5 Easy Ways To Fix Galaxy Note 9 Unable To Read Mounted SD Card
- 3 Easy StepsTo Turn Off Autocorrect Galaxy Note 9
- 3 Easy Fixes For Galaxy Note 9 Not Sending Or Receiving Texts
- 3 Easy Fixes For Unfortunately Messages Has Stopped Galaxy Note 9
- 2 Quick Easy Ways To Download/Install Note 9 Android Pie