How To Counter Kai'Sa: Kai'Sa, claimed by the Void when she was only a child, managed to survive through sheer tenacity and strength of will. She is a ranged League of Legends champion that plays the marksman role. In this guide, you learn some of the ways to counter Kai'Sa and which champions may be best Kai'Sa counters.
How Kai'Sa Works
How To Counter Kai'Sa: Champions
As you can see, in the list of champions that go well against Kai'Sa, most out-range her. These ADC champions also have some sort of displacement, slow, or root.
The poke potential is great and they have means to escape or close the gap on Kai'Sa in a trade. If you are serious about learning how to counter Kai'Sa then keep this in mind.
Tips & Tricks For Playing Against Kai'Sa
- Firstly, stay near your minions during a skirmish so that Icathian Rain won't home in on you.
- Also, avoid Void Seeker as much as possible to prevent Kai'Sa from engaging your backline with Killer Instinct.
- Disengage once you've been hit with 4 stacks of Plasma since the passive rupture deals more damage at low health.
- Even though she lacks an escape, she can still effectively disengage with Supercharge. A quick follow-up engage is key to keeping her in check.
- Kai'Sa is very good at defeating isolated targets, so grouping will make her assassinations more difficult.
- Each of her abilities tunes to her item stats, making her build very flexible. Frequently check what items she has picked in order to keep track of her upcoming playstyle.
Kai'Sa has short auto-attack range. Hence, when in a lane against her, be sure to poke her as much as possible when she tries to CS.
Also, be wary of her ultimate. Once she activates it, be sure to focus on her. If not, she will be able to deal a lot of damage to you or your teammates.
You now have a general idea of how to counter Kai'Sa. If you use the tips above, you should be able to come up with a good game plan to help defeat Kai'Sa if you meet her in a lane.