Sometimes your LG G7 ThinQ may not be able to read the mounted microSD card that you insert. However, don’t worry, in this tutorial, you learn 5 easy ways to fix LG G7 ThinQ unable to read mounted SD card issue.
How To Fix LG G7 ThinQ Unable To Read Mounted SD card
The first thing to do is check for any updates. This includes software updates for your phone as well as application updates. Please proceed with the following tips once you check for and/or install updates (if any).
Unmount SD Card And Mount Again
Unmount your microSD card:
- Go to Settings-> Device maintenance.
- Tap Storage-> More option-> Storage settings-> SD card.
- Then, choose the option to Unmount.
Once you unmount the SD card, continue by:
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the LG G7 ThinQ card tray by inserting the SIM ejector tool or a paperclip into the slot.
- Once the tray pops up, pull it out and then remove the LG G7 ThinQ SD card.
- Check the card for any visible signs of damage or dirt. If there’s none, insert the SD card back into the LG G7 ThinQ.
- Push the card tray back into its open slot and press it in to secure it.
- Turn on your phone.
- Once the phone boots up, mount the SD card again by going to Settings-> SD card and Phone Storage menu.
- Lastly, tap the option to Mount SD card.
Test to see if your LG G7 ThinQ reads your microSD card now by trying to access files on the card.
Mounting SD card While In Safe Mode
Applications can sometimes prevent your LG G7 ThinQ from reading the microSD card. To check if this is true, you should reboot your LG G7 ThinQ in Sade Mode.
In Safe Mode, only pre-installed apps are allowed to run. If your microSD card works then you know that a third-party app that is preventing your card from mounting properly.
Uninstall apps one by one to determine which app is causing the problem. You may need to restart your device after each app uninstall.
Format Or Re-format SD Card
- Swipe up on an empty spot from the Home screen to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Device maintenance.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Menu.
- Select Storage settings.
- Tap SD card.
- Select Format.
- Tap Format again to confirm.
- Lastly, tap Done.
Please note that by formatting your SD card you lose all files/data saved on it.
Reset All Settings
- Swipe up on an empty space on the Home screen to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings.
- Select General Management.
- Tap Reset.
- Select the option to Reset settings.
- Tap RESET SETTINGS to continue.
- If prompted, enter your PIN.
- Then tap RESET SETTINGS again to confirm
This method only restores the default settings that came with your device. It does not erase files such as images, apps, documents, etc.
The above tips should help resolve the LG G7 ThinQ Unable To Read Mounted SD Card issue. However, if your LG G7 ThinQ still does not recognize your mounted microSD card, take it to an LG approved repair center or another qualified technician.