Sometimes your HTC U11 battery drains rather fast and it may overheat when you put it to charge. In this tutorial, you learn how to troubleshoot and fix HTC U11 battery drain and overheating issues.
Tips To Fix HTC U11 Fast Battery Drain
- Disable Google Assistant. Why? “Google Assistant” has to constantly auto-connect to get the latest news, app information, location, etc. This, in turn, drains your HTC U11’s battery.
- Uninstall RAM cleaner apps. Why? The constant moving of data back and forth from and into your RAM storage puts a strain on the battery and system.
- Disable LTE. 3G networks are still fast. 4G/LTE requires more resources to function.
- Adjust Backlight Brightness. Try not to use more than 60% backlight on your HTC U11. The higher the brightness settings, the more battery power your phone has to use.
- Disable Trackers. Trackers are great. However, they collect data 24/7. Once enabled, they use your battery and increase battery drain.
- Disable Pop-ups and Notifications. I refer to Twitter, Facebook, etc notifications. Each time you receive a game or app notification, you use up the remaining battery life on your phone. Try disabling the ones you absolutely do not need.
How To Fix Bad HTC U11 Battery Life
This article continues by addressing the battery draining issues, the possible causes, and fixes. After, the article addresses the issue of overheating, the causes, and solutions. Time to learn what to do if your HTC U11 battery drains fast.
Use An App To Reduce HTC U11 Battery Drain
Firstly, I would ask the question! I know you want to ask. Didn’t you say that apps affect battery life? Yes. Yes, I did. However, this app helps you save battery life on your HTC U11.
Greenify is not your typical battery saver app. Unlike most of these types of apps, Greenify does not add unwanted apps and popup ads on your HTC U11. Greenify is entirely unobtrusive. It does what it set out to do. Help you regain your depleting battery life.
Greenify allows you to place most of your apps in a state of hibernation. Apps placed in hibernation only reactivate when you choose to take them out of hibernation. All you have to do is launch the app you want to use.
After you finish using the app, Greenify places the app back into hibernation after a period of inactivity. Greenify reduces the number of apps that run in the background. Hence, your battery life improves significantly.
Are you interested in using Greenify? Then, read how to use Greenify app to extend battery life on your HTC U11. Once you understand how to use Greenify, then check out the other optimization tips for maximum battery life. Alternatively, check them out right now if you do not like the idea of using apps.
Change HTC U11 Settings
Firstly, turn off the automatic brightness feature. This feature is the first to modify if you want to extend you HTC U11’s battery life. Instead of automatically adjusting the brightness, set it manually.
However, do not set it so low that you no longer have visibility. Reducing the brightness level of your HTC U11significantly reduces the strain on your battery.
Location Services & GPS
Secondly, turn off the GPS. Yes! Do you know how many apps use the HTC U11’s GPS in the background? Location Services is one of the most power consuming features of the HTC U11.
You may think that Google Maps is the culprit. I did for quite some time. However, social media apps like Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp use your HTC U11’s GPS functionality. This usage, in turn, drains your battery life.
Moreover, while location services are useful for finding places/directions, I doubt you want Facebook or the likes tracking you. By limiting the GPS & location services, you boost you HTC U11’s battery life.
Do you know how to modify location services? To adjust the location services on your HTC U11, do the following:
Tweak GPS Settings To Improve HTC U11 Battery Life
Go into Settings > Location > Mode, and you find three options: High Accuracy, which uses GPS, Wi-Fi, and the mobile network to determine your position. The high-accuracy mode drains the most battery life.
Battery/Power Saving reduces battery usage. However, your GPS functionalities may not be accurate. Finally, there is Device Only. Device Only uses the onboard GPS of your HTC U11.
Furthermore, you can disable location services altogether. However, as you would expect, this limits your HTC U11’s capabilities. Adjust the settings to your liking. For me, I use the power save mode. However, if I go for a jog or walk, I momentarily enable the High Accuracy setting.
Modify Sync Settings On HTC U11 To Stop The Battery From Draining Quickly
The third setting that you can tweak is the HTC U11 Sync setting. As you know, sync allows your HTC U11 to receive push notifications and updates. Hence, when you disable individual sync features, you prevent unnecessary notifications and updates.
However, for important notifications, you can choose to allow sync to work. The choice is yours. Also, note that you can manually refresh or sync each of your apps by opening them.
Turn Off Background Sync
Depending on your apps, this may or may not impact much. If you have at least five apps that sync in the background, chances are they are the primary reason why your battery power can never stretch longer in a day. If you really don’t need the syncing, go under Settings>Accounts and turn them off. Switch to manual sync whenever you need an update for, say, emails.
Lastly, explore the battery settings on your HTC U11. Get a feel for what is using up your battery life and take steps to reduce the load on the battery. Android devices have lots of settings that can reduce battery drain. Check them out!
Check To See Which Apps Are Draining Your HTC U11 Battery
Go into Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery. There, view what’s making your HTC U11 battery drain very fast – Moreover, if you tap on each of the apps, then tap save power to prevent those apps from using battery power when not in use.
In the settings, you can also select a power saving mode such as MID or MAX. Each setting disables or adjusts certain features to extend your HTC U11’s battery life.
Customize these features to your liking for optimal battery performance on your HTC U11. However, none of them are mandatory, and you will know what works best for you.
How To Fix A HTC U11 Battery That Drains Quickly
Here are a few more recommended solutions for fixing HTC U11 fast battery draining issues. Use the ones that you feel comfortable using.
End All Background Apps Then Reboot Your Phone
- Tap the Recent Apps key.
- Scroll through the app previews.
- Then tap and drag the app off-screen to close it.
- Alternatively, you can tap on the X in the upper-right corner of an app to close it. To close all running apps at once, tap Close All instead.
Once complete, be sure to restart or reboot your phone. It is always a good idea to restart your phone periodically. There’s even a setting for it.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Device maintenance.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Choose Auto Restart.
- Turn the feature on and choose a time and day to automatically restart your smartphone.
Install App Updates
- Open the Apps screen.
- Tap Play Store.
- Tap the Menu icon (list symbol) on the upper-leftmost side of Google Playscreen.
- Select My apps & games.
- Go to the Updates section to view a list of apps with pending updates.
- To update individual apps, tap the Update button next to each app.
- To update all apps at once, tap the Update All button on the upper-right side of the screen instead.
This is good to do if clearing background apps does not help improve your HTC U11’s battery drain problem. Outdated apps can slow down or cause issues with your device.
Once all your apps update, restart your device and continue to use and monitor as per usual. Pretty soon, Google plans to let developers force you to update apps before use.
Check Battery Usage & Manage Power Usage For Apps
- Go to your phone Settings.
- Tap on Battery.
- Select Battery Usage.
Check each app to see which ones are draining your battery the most. Decide whether you want to keep the app or uninstall it. To uninstall an app on your HTC U11, do the following:
- From the Home screen, tap the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings > Apps.
- Tap the desired application in the default list or tap 3 dots icon > Show system apps to display preinstalled apps.
- Tap the desired application.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Tap Uninstall again to confirm.
Wipe Cache Partition On Your HTC U11
When you install a system update, it is always a good idea to wipe the cache partition on your HTC U11. By doing so, you erase cache and temporary data from the system folders or cache partition. Any unnecessary or corrupted system data that may cause battery problems are consequently cleared in the process.
Restore HTC U11 Default Settings
You may need to factory reset your HTC U11 if it comes down to it. This erases everything from your phone including files and apps. Before you do a hard reset, be sure to back up all your important data.
Finding the root cause of poor battery performance on your HTC U11 may take some time. However, once you figure it out, you can then adjust your settings to boost performance.
If you’ve gone through all the troubleshooting tips and tried the factory restore and your HTC U11 battery still drains fast, then it is best to take your device to a repair shop or your carrier for further assistance.