Sometimes your Pixel 2 XL won’t turn on or boot up past the logo. Though it is a frustrating situation, here are 3 easy fixes for when your Google Pixel 2 XL won’t turn on.
Fix: Pixel 2 XL Won’t Turn On
- Press both the volume down and power keys at the same time.
- Hold both buttons for about 10 seconds.
After 10 seconds, your Pixel 2 XL ought to reboot. Did you Pixel 2 XL boot up? If it did, then use your device as per usual and monitor for problems. However, if it did not boot up, you may need to boot your Pixel 2 XL into recovery.
Boot Pixel 2 XL Recovery Mode
- Press and hold both the Power, Volume and Home buttons together.
- Once the recovery screen appears, let go of the power button (keep holding the volume and home button).
- Once the recovery menu appears, let go of the other buttons.
- Use the Volume buttons to go to Cache Partition and use the Power button to select it.
- Once the process finishes, your Pixel 2 XL will restart.
Did your Pixel 2 XL turn on? Then, that’s great! But, if your Pixel 2 XL won’t turn on after you wiped the cache, try the following fix.
Boot Pixel 2 XL Safe Mode
- Turn off your Google Pixel 2 XL and hold down the Power button.
- When the Google Pixel 2 XL logo appears, release the power button and long press the Volume Down key.
By booting the Pixel 2 XL in Safe Mode, you can determine if the reason your Pixel 2 XL won’t turn on or boot up is due to an application. In Safe Mode, only the default factory apps load.
The above tips help fix a Pixel 2 XL that won’t turn on or boot up. However, if you still can’t get your Pixel 2 XL to start up, your next and best option is to take your device to a Google certified repair shop or to a technician.