In this tutorial, you learn how to factory reset Google Pixel 3 devices. A factory reset allows you to restore your Pixel 3 to the default manufacturer settings. Thus, you erase all apps, data, and services that you installed after purchasing your Pixel 3.
2 Simple Ways To Factory Reset Google Pixel 3
There are two methods for factory resetting a Google Pixel 3. The first method works if you have access to the Google Pixel 3 menu or settings. However, if, for example, your Pixel 3 won’t turn on, you can use the second method (hardware keys) to factory reset your Pixel 3.
Reset Google Pixel 3 Via Settings
- Tap the gear icon in the notification section.
- Or, go directly to the Settings.
- Tap Backup and Reset below User and Backup.
- Then, click Factory data reset.
- After tap Delete all and it takes a few minutes for your Google Pixel 3 to factory reset itself.
Reset Google Pixel 3 Via Hardware Buttons
- Turn your Google Pixel 3 off.
- Once off, press and hold the volume up, the power and the home button.
- An Android icon pops up.
- Once the menu appears, choose data
resetby using the volume buttons to go to the option.
- Use the power button to select the option to factory reset.
- Choose Yes using the power button.
- Your Google Pixel 3 will restart and take you through the initial setup process.
The above steps/methods allow you to factory reset your Google Pixel 3. By now, you know that a factory reset erases all data and information stored on your device.
It restores your device to the default settings and it will be like having a brand new device to set up. Be sure to back up important information before doing any of the above.
- 6 Easy Steps To Reboot Google Pixel 3 In Safe Mode
- 3 Easy Fixes For When Google Pixel 3 Won’t Turn On
- 9 Easy Steps To Clear Cache Partition Google Pixel 3