Recently, we gave you our Elephone P8000 review and now the good news is that the Elephone P8000 Android 5.1 Lollipop update is ready for download and installing to your device. Normally, you would recevive the new update via OTA (over the air) but, if you didn't recieve the notification, you can simply download the Android 5.1 firmware right here install it on your Elephone P8000 to upgrade to Lollipop 5.1.
- Optimized splash-screen problems.
- Solved gallery befcomes unresposive problem when using front camera
Things you'll need
- Flash Tool,
- Elephone P8000 Drivers
- P8000 Android 5.1 Update
→ Elephone P8000 Drivers -- Link
→ Elephone P8000 Flash Tool-- Link
- Install the drivers and make sure they work (The COM port in the Device Manager appears when you connect your phone through USB and disappears when you unplug the phone)
- Switch off the phone, do not connect it to the computer yet
- Start the Flash Tool on your computer, and load the scatter file from within the unzipped folder that contains the wanted ROM
- Make sure that you un-click "user data" (the last setting in the list) if you do not want to lose all your apps, settings and data. If you want to do a full factory reset, leave "user data" clicked, too.
- Click on "Download"
- Connect your phone to the computer, and then quickly;
- Press and hold the power button, until you see (at the bottom of the FlashTool window) that downloading (flashing) has started
- Release the power button and wait (it will take around 1-2 minutes) until you see that downloading was completed and FlashTool displays a giant green tick mark.
- Unplug the phone, and start it with the power button.
That's all there is to it. You now updated your Elephone P8000 to Andeoid 5.1 Lollipop. If you need any assistance please refer to this thread for troubleshooting. Thanks for reading: How to update Elephone P8000 to Android 5.1 Lollipop.