Volibear is a tanky League of Legends champion that can play top lane, in the jungle, or in a supporting role. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Volibear on Summoner’s Rift.
Best Volibear Counters
Volibear Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Volibear, you can finally counter pick Volibear in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Volibear. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Volibear. After all, if you know how to play against Volibear, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Volibear in a lane.
When playing Renekton against Volibear play aggressive early, you will have a better chance, the sooner you pop his passive the better. This allows you to play really aggressive at level 3 and potentially kill/ push him out of lane.
If the Volibear does not play safe, poke him hard. And if he wants to go aggressive, put mushrooms when he uses his Q and, blind him or run away with your W. But mainly, don’t get caught by his Q.
At all ranks, Rolling Thunder’s movement speed boost is 15% while running away. Volibear cannot disengage in lane, and his heal is not effective against Noxian Guillotine.
Jayce is a huge counter to Volibear. You can keep your distance and out-damage him with ease. Use your Mercury Cannon to poke Volibear whenever you get the chance and if he uses his Q to try and flip you, switch to your Mercury Hammer and E him away.
Tips For Playing Against Volibear
- Taking Ignite will cut down Volibear’s healing in half.
- Avoid fighting him with low health, as his bite deals additional damage the lower your health is.
- Don’t get baited by Volibear’s passive as it will let him quickly heal for 30% of his maximum health.
- You can tell if his passive is down if you click on him and see a little picture of a blue bear debuff icon.
- A natural counter to Volibear is Blade of the Ruined King, as he often builds HP over anything else.
- Volibear will throw you into his entire team. If he gets close, activate QSS, Randuins, Ravenous Hydra, Youmuu’s, Mikael’s Crucible and Talisman to try to scare him off.
- Volibear can gain great movement while chasing targets, but he gains much less of a bonus when running away.
- Volibear a large amount of health when he drops to critical health.
- Slowing or stunning Volibear when he tries to will greatly reduce his effectiveness.
By using the champions who counter Volibear and the LoL Volibear counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Volibear players.