Urgot is a fighter champion that normally plays top lane. However, he can also play mid, bottom, and jungle roles. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Urgot.
Best Urgot Counters
Urgot Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Urgot, you can finally counter pick Urgot in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Urgot. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Urgot. After all, if you know how to play against Urgot, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Urgot in a lane.
Tips For Playing Against Urgot
- Save your dash/jump ability for when he throws out his grenade.
- Urgot is weaker when his passive legs are on cooldown and his Q misses.
- is first and foremost, a juggernaut. He is durable and can deal tons of damage if he can close the distance, but if kept at arms length, he will eventually go down.
- wants to go toe-to-toe with an enemy; his knee cannons can wreak havoc once he’s up close and can unleash them all. He uses to engage, but remember, it has a short delay and can be juked.
- ranged auto-attacks and gives him significant poke against melee top laners, but his legs are on a long cooldown early game. Without any built-in sustain, that poke is his only way of winning attrition wars.
- legs don’t rotate when he turns, so he’ll have to maneuver around his opponents to make the most of . helps take advantage of those trickshot back shotgun legs and make the most of this damage, while helps him proc his passive multiple times in rapid succession (but slows Urgot’s movement). Position carefully to avoid damage from all six legs.
- In general ‘s main combo is to initiate with and/or , immediately use while locked on, then activate and/or to finish them off. Keep this in mind and come up with a counter plan.
- is a decent harass tool, but it consumes mana quickly if spammed, and the slow is best used to catch fleeing enemies. Monitor his mana and use of the ability to know when to engage or escape.
By using the champions who counter Urgot and the LoL Urgot counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Urgot players.