Udyr is a jungle champion that buffs himself for speed, defenses, and life steal using his abilities. He can also deal area of effect damage and he has a stun. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Udyr.
Best Udyr Counters
Udyr Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Udyr, you can finally counter pick Udyr in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Udyr. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Udyr. After all, if you know how to play against Udyr, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Udyr in a lane.
- Ashe’s slow with her Q and W make her a hard target to gank for Udyr without some stun help, kiting is the thing that sets Udyr back.
- Use your Ult if he gets too close and kite him using your regular slow from there.
Teemo’s Move Quick and mushrooms make it difficult for Udyr to close the distance and Udyr is heavily reliant on auto attacks. In this case, Teemo’s blind messes him up.
Don’t let him close the gap. If he’s far away enough and you see his Bear Stance quickly set down a Shroom. So, he gets slowed. Then, make a new gap and begin Auto attacking. Since your shroom is on CD/Out of mana. Blind him when he re-closes the gap.
While his shield might be annoying early, your range gives you a natural poke advantage. If you’re running away, save your cocoon until he’s almost on you because at long range he can juke it and still catch you.
Tips For Playing Against Udyr
- Pay attention to how he builds. If he decides to build damage, you can focus him and kill him easily.
- Since Udyr has to get into melee range to do anything, taking snares and slows do extremely well against him.
- Udyr is weak against mobile champions. Try to pick champions that can kite the Udyr.
- If you’re playing a champion that uses Blade of the Ruined King, use it when he gains his movement speed boost to have a greater effect.
- Always take care of the squishy champions, if Udyr focuses them and your team doesn’t take care of them they’re out completely.
- As is a full-fledged melee champion with no gap closers, he is thus very vulnerable to kiting.
- Ranged champions generally have an advantage against due to his all melee skills. Be aware of his movement speed to keep this benefit up.
- Tenacity can reduce stun duration, making his CC less effective when ganking.
- Against a laning , it can prove beneficial to make him waste mana by either bait engages and quick disengage or punish him depending on which stance he used. This can easily hamper his early game lane presence, which forces him to regain his lost mana by either using up his potions or recalling to make him lose some experience and farm.
- Once he gets some of his core gear, an alternating and is one of the harder champions in the game to chase down. effect can easily make you regret chasing him if back-up arrives. It is best to provide vision before attempting to commit and kill him and being aware of the whereabouts of his teammates.
- Disabling from attacking or switching stances can reduce his threatening power, for example, has a potentially longer stun duration.
- Champions with heavy slows or disruptive skills are efficient in keeping
at bay (i.e. , , and ).
- Also, whoever can exceed own speed (champions like , ) will be able to outperform him and escape better.
- is an effective counter because has a hard time reaching him without gap closers, even with slow reduction. Just focus on movement speed and health/armor items.
- Be aware of his primary stances and item build:
- If he maxes , he will take mostly AD items and some attack speed. Counter it by boosting armor and health and know that his Q hits will do surprising damage over time, so you might lose a bunch of HP in the few next seconds.
- If he maxes , he usually goes for attack speed, tank, and on-hit items, and most of his damage will be magic. You can switch to AS reduction such as or .
By using the champions who counter Udyr and the LoL Udyr counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Udyr players.