Tryndamere has good sustain and an ult that prolongs his life for a few seconds if it is that he would die from damage once it is activated. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Tryndamere.
Best Tryndamere Counters
Tryndamere Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Tryndamere, you can finally counter pick Tryndamere in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Tryndamere. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Tryndamere. After all, if you know how to play against Tryndamere, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Tryndamere in a lane.
Use your blind dart when he comes near, so he can’t crit you, then flee with your W and poke him.
Save your E for when Tryndamere engages you, he won’t be able to kill you this way if you back of after the trade.
Ass Malphite, build armor, build armor, build armor! Oh, and use your E when fighting him.
Using your W to stall time when he ults can make less time for him to auto attack you and can win trades better. If he uses E to you, stun him, Q+E, and you win most fights because of this cc. Also, your shield passive will delay some damage.
Tips For Playing Against Tryndamere
- Armor items such as Thornmail and Randuin’s Omen do extremely well against Tryndamere because he is completely auto-attack based.
- Igniting him at the end of his ultimate duration will usually end up in a kill, as his healing from his Q will be halved.
- Try to turn around when Tryndamere is casting his Mocking shout to save yourself from getting slowed.
- If you have the tools to do so, try to zone him out of any possible fury. His 35% crit passive can turn almost any fight around. Tryndamere has a relatively weak early, so don’t be afraid to get in his face.
- If you’re based on basic attacks, avoid trying to trade at earlier levels. Since his passive will just add up and 35% crit chance isn’t a stat to be thrown around.
- During laning, is vulnerable to ranged harassment. If you can manage to keep him from last hitting, you can deny him his heal along with gold. Also, be wary, as he can quickly use to close the distance and deal damage of his own.
- Although and do not kill or prevent him from activating , suppressing him during it effectively wastes its duration, and with proper timing you may be able to kill him after his runs out as the suppression does not allow him to escape or heal, while their ultimates will still be doing damage. Both playing and countering is all about timing.
- If you are a tank, are being focused by or have a lot more health than , can be used quite effectively against him, as he will be quite literally killing himself if he cannot kill you quickly and will most likely be forced to use earlier than he would like to. However, do keep in mind that deals magic damage. This means that if is paying attention to you building a , he is more likely going to build items that will grant magic resistance, such as a and/or a . Getting a or will, however, be more useful for your team, as they can decrease ‘s DPS via the attack speed slow.
- Using after activates his ultimate counters the healing from and might kill him after wears off.
is an excellent skill to finish off due to the 5-second delay. However, it is not recommended to waste on if he is alone. Using it during a team fight after he uses will almost ensure a kill.
- is also effective at finishing him off, but make sure to wait 3 seconds after he uses , otherwise, will still survive.
- All of damage, aside from , is from auto attacks; blinds such as or will negate all of it.
- As a carry, is extremely effective for countering him, since his damage comes almost exclusively from auto attacks.
- excels at 1v1 fights. Ensure you are in a good position to give yourself an edge before committing to the fight. Be careful even when at your turret as it may not kill while his is in effect.
- If attempts to turret dive you, run away and juke him until the duration of wears off.
- Using Crowd Control effects (such as stuns, roots, and blinds) when uses will help counteract this ability.
- is very reliant on to gap close. Remember to save displacement effects, such as , until after he uses it.
- is centered around intimidating opposing players to over commit to highly disadvantageous situations and make bad choices. In particular, excels at chasing fleeing enemies. Experienced players know this and usually attempt to use his abilities to intimidate an opponent into fleeing; which almost guarantees an easy kill.
By using the champions who counter Tryndamere and the LoL Tryndamere counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Tryndamere players.