Trundle is a giant troll. He excels in the jungle and top lane. However, some summoners opt to play him in a support role due to his slow/displacement. In this article, we explain how to effectively counter Trundle.
Best Trundle Counters
Trundle Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Trundle, you can finally counter pick Trundle in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Trundle. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Trundle. After all, if you know how to play against Trundle, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Trundle in a lane.
Keep track of minions and your W passive. You need to harass constantly, but he will out sustain you if you take too much aggro for one AA. It goes without saying that you do not let him touch you, ever
Trundle lacks any ranged farming or poke tools, making it easy to bully him with Decimate and zone him from farming.
Sona has no Health to absorb, no AD to reduce and no defenses to steal, making Trundle quite ineffective against her.
You can poke Trundle with ease. Both of you have strong sustain abilities but Vlad’s more effective. When fighting Trundle stay out of his W or wait until it’s on cd. After that engage.
Tips For Playing Against Trundle
- Try your best move him out of his Frozen domain during a fight, as it gives him a massive bonus to his movement speed, attack speed, and healing.
- Get away from Trundle’s pillar immediately as it will continuously slow you as long as you stand near it.
- Healing reduction counters his health gains/Ignite is a really good choice to deny his heal regeneration.
- Trundle excels in long duels due to his frozen domain and ult. Fight him in bursts and quickly disengage.
- Do not build early resistances but damage against Trundle because he will steal them and make himself stronger. He also steals your damage but just a flat amount of it so he won’t steal more if you have more damage.
- Avoid battling near minions. If a minion is killed, will heal him. This can sometimes turn a battle to his favor. Be aware that he has exceptional health regeneration along with his to easily sustain himself and recover from most harass in a laning situation.
- excels at fighting inside his AoE. Moving away from the spell’s AoE can help you 1v1 him.
- can block your way of escape and slow your movement speed. Therefore, it is best to avoid the spell’s AoE or use to quickly go over it.
- Top laners with ranged capacity (such as or ) will have good effect against Trundle if he attempts to push or attack.
- Avoid a head-on fight with early-game in most cases. His early-game damage is high, and his can reduce your own ability to retaliate. Try to focus on ranged harass and wearing him down as has fewer options to retaliate than he would against melee attackers.
- If uses his on you, it is best to avoid him and wait until the debuff is over because can melt even the toughest tank, or allow to dive into your team and survive strictly attacking your squishy damage-dealers with the rest of his team helping him even with your best attempts to focus him down. As it is a large part of durability which is necessary for him functioning in team fights, using escapes to avoid letting him take advantage of bonuses can leave him much more vulnerable while it is cooling down.
- Trundle is always at least a decent duelist. Treat him the same way you would , , a fed , etc. It is heavily recommend to avoid 1v1 with him at any time past level 3. During mid and late game, it is usually recommended to bring overwhelming damage (have 2 more people on your side for any fights, so 3v1, 4v2, 5v3) or excessive amounts of CC (think AND ).
By using the champions who counter Trundle and the LoL Trundle counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Trundle players.