Syndra is a mage champion that plays mid lane. She has a knock-back, stun, and an ultimate that has high burst potential. In this article, we tell you how to effectively counter Syndra.
Best Syndra Counters
Syndra Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Syndra, you can finally counter pick Syndra in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Syndra. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Syndra. After all, if you know how to play against Syndra, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Syndra in a lane.
Syndra has no gap closer. Stick to poking her at max range with Lux’s E until she is getting low enough that she will back off. At that range, her stun, even if it lands, won’t do much against you.
If possible, wait until Syndra uses her stun, and then go in. If not, it really doesn’t matter. Simply get in close, and there’s not much she can do against Fizz. Time it right, and you can even dodge her ult with your Playful/Trickster ability.
Save your E for Syndra’s ultimate, it is her primary source of damage during a duel due to how hard it hits but it is very obvious as it has a noticeable cast time to give you the chance to avoid the entire spell.
Syndra has a lot of single target burst damage. Since her E and R are counted as projectiles, Yasuo can block them with Wind Wall to prevent being burst down.
Do not fully engage pre-6 as you’re melee and she’s ranged. She has the tools to poke you hard so try to hit with a Q as much as you can. Post-6 uIt in on her, perform a quick Q to negate some of her damage and go full combo. Your passive also helps.
Tips For Playing Against Syndra
- Syndra is vulnerable after she uses her Scatter the Weak. Try to play aggressively while it’s down.
- Avoid fighting her when your health is low as she specializes in single target damage with her ultimate.
- Avoid clumping against a Syndra as she carries a potential long-range AOE stun.
- A well-timed Zhonya’s, Yasuo’s Windwall or Braum’s Unbreakable can stop most of her ultimate’s damage.
- Don’t fight her when she has many Dark Sphere’s on the battlefield, as for this will give her an opportunity to stun you and for her ultimate to deal increased damage to you.
- Get boots early when playing against , they’ll help you avoid many of her spells.
- Constantly moving or strafing unpredictably will make it much harder for to harass you with her s.
- Attack after she’s used , it has a long cooldown, so she will be vulnerable.
- With no reliable escape tool, she is also easily ganked and weak against champions with gap closers and crowd control.
- When ganking her, split up so she can’t use and to disable both you and your ally. If she manages to stun she will also easily get to slow you, and will likely escape if both you and your ally are affected by this.
- If keeps creating s in a situation where she would be better off doing something else (like re-positioning or knocking back enemies), then she is likely preparing to use her ultimate.
is a bursty mage, try to focus her down first if you are having problems with her damage.
- In the late game she can be very powerful with her spammable nuke. Try to deny her farming early game to cut down on her damage potential later on.
- Be wary when dueling in a 1v1 with . If her ultimate is available she can instantly burst you down before you are able to kill her.
and stun combo can be very hard to land if the enemy is too close to her, which can give you an opportunity to burst her down.
- If using this method, beware her ultimate since it has relatively short range, meaning she might use it on you, being the closest person. Consider trying this plan when her ultimate goes on cooldown (WARNING: AT RANK 3 ‘S RANGE IS INCREASED BY 75 UNITS)
- Purchasing a is recommended when facing Syndra. Although the armor is useless against her, the active is very useful as it is able to negate the damage from her ultimate, by making you untargetable while all the spheres try to go into you.
is the hardest counter to . He can quickly close the gap against her, and burst her down before she is able to kill him. With his huge mobility, Fizz is able to dodge all of Syndra’s abilities, including the stun on . Fizz is even able to completely negate the damage from just with / .
- Be wary that can still bully during the early game when he is very weak.
- is also a reasonably good counter. He can match her harass with his , use to shield his way through her burst, dodge her abilities with , and negate her own ultimate with a well-timed .
By using the champions who counter Syndra and the LoL Syndra counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Syndra players.