Kayle is another versatile champion. She can play top lane, mid lane, bot (ADC/APC), jungle, or she can play a support role. A truly all-around League of Legends champion. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Kayle.
Best Kayle Counters
- Xin Zhao
Kayle Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Kayle, you can finally counter pick Kayle in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Kayle. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Kayle. After all, if you know how to play against Kayle, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Kayle in a lane.
Annie’s burst is instant, and usually 100-0, so Kayle’s ult will be ineffective, as she will be stunned during the nuke.
Early on, abuse the fact that Kayle will sometimes have to go into melee range at some point and take advantage of that opportunity to poke and harass.
- Kayle has a downtime on her ranged auto attacks before she gets CDR, abuse this by auto attacking her constantly when her sword isn’t on fire.
- Whenever she tries to trade with you, stun her and hit her with E while backing off.
- When Kayle comes in to do her usual harass you can easily stun her making her waste her high cooldown range early and dealing massive damage as she does not level her healing nor has any escapes early on.
- Try to be aggressive when Kayle’s Righteous Fury (E) is on cooldown (by looking at her status bar). Pantheon is naturally strong against auto attack heavy champions (like kayle) because your passive blocks an auto attack.
Tips For Playing Against Kayle
- Remember, a target that’s ulted by Kayle can still be CC’d, so you can still trap them until the Intervention duration wears off.
- Kayle has to naturally push the lane using her Righteous Fury, so a good jungle camp will shut down a Kayle in lane easily.
- Watch which build Kayle decides to use be it AD/AP/Hybrid and build accordingly.
- Start damaging another high priority target to bait Kayle’s ult – if she ults them, you can quickly switch to her and kill her.
By using the champions who counter Kayle and the LoL Kayle counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Kayle players.