Fizz is a slippery mid laner that prioritizes AP items. He can also play the role of jungle if need be. In this article, we discuss how to effectively counter Fizz on Summoner’s Rift.
Best Fizz Counters
Fizz Counter Picks
Now that you know who counters Fizz, you can finally counter pick Fizz in any matchup. Let’s take you through some tips on how to use a few of these champions who are counters to Fizz. After, there is a general section explaining how to use any LoL champion as counters for Fizz. After all, if you know how to play against Fizz, you can play safely and effectively to defeat Fizz in a lane.
During team fights, Lissandra’s ult is Fizz’s worst nightmare. You should aim to stun him anytime he tries to jump in. A targeted stun like that will quickly be the end of him as he prides himself on dodging skills.
Lissandra is a great user of Abyssal Sceptre and it is even better against Fizz. Rushing it will make you much more difficult for him to kill while giving you a great damage boost since he will almost always be in the range of its aura outside of Q poke.
Depending on how the fight goes, you should by default save your ultimate for yourself as you can easily block the damage and knock up from Fizz’ shark by ulting yourself.
Annie’s stuns are not consumed if the spell doesn’t hit. Using Q will ensure you bait out playful trickster and still keep your stacks. Since your cooldowns are fairer, you can easily go back in.
Use Ryze’s E when Fizz tries to Q in. It will deal a big amount of damage because it will rapidly bounce between you and him.
In lane, don’t let Fizz get close to the minions. Q/E him whenever he gets close but keep max auto attack range distance to avoid him engaging with you.
Take advantage of your passive. You can 1vs1 Fizz in both early and late game. When Fizz uses his E you must use your E to prevent escape and attack. Lichbane helps increase your damage output against him.
Tips For Playing Against Fizz
- Buying a Quicksilver Sash and using it will help you to avoid the shark.
- Focus him after he uses Playful/Trickster to enter a fight.
- Avoid staying in lane with low health, as Fizz’s Seastone Trident will deal greater damage against lower health targets.
- Banshees Veil negates Fizz’s shark. His entire combo is lost when your Banshees is up.
- Fizz likes to weave in and out of a fight to wait for his cooldowns, so try to take advantage of the time when he is useless and disrupt him with your front line, while keeping your carries safe to handle his extreme damage.
- Fizz will try to dodge your ability by E’ing onto you and going for a heavy trade. If he doesn’t get the trade he will run out of mana extremally quickly, even if he started flask. One E is worth about 1/3 of his mana pool. Use this to your advantage.
By using the champions who counter Fizz and the LoL Fizz counter tips above, you can now develop a strategy to help you, as a summoner, become an effective counter to Fizz players.